60k maintenance? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pkrface

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019 Thread Starter

60k maintenance?

I've tried searching but no luck, so seeking out for your help.

I'm at 60k on my MDX. I plan on doing Brake fluid, Tranny fluid, differential fluid flush. Already took care of engine and cabin air filters. Any other things I need to do, or do I not need any of the services I've listed? Thanks for your input.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019

You don't mention the year of your X, so I'm assuming 2014 or newer and that you aren't at the 7 year point where you should consider the timing belt based on age rather than miles.

I believe you named everything other than the transfer case. Wouldn't hurt to run a bottle of SeaFoam through a tank of gas to keep the injectors/fuel system clean.

2007 MDX Tech Billet Silver
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav/Res
30+ Years Automotive & Related Industry Experience
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019

While doing the brake fluid flush, inspect the pads for even wear and remaining life. If you drive in an area where salt is used in Winter, lubricate the caliper slides and the area of the brake pads that contact the caliper frames.

2014 SH-AWD TECH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019

Not much you need to do but depending on your climate you may need to do more or less than fluid changes.

I’d also turkey baster the power steering fluid and add new fluid a few times

Check your serpentine belt - it may need to be replaced. Mine showed signs at 60k so I replaced it.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkrface View Post
You don't mention the year of your X, so I'm assuming 2014 or newer and that you aren't at the 7 year point where you should consider the timing belt based on age rather than miles.

I believe you named everything other than the transfer case. Wouldn't hurt to run a bottle of SeaFoam through a tank of gas to keep the injectors/fuel system clean.
it's 2011, sorry!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Localbar View Post
Not much you need to do but depending on your climate you may need to do more or less than fluid changes.

I’d also turkey baster the power steering fluid and add new fluid a few times

Check your serpentine belt - it may need to be replaced. Mine showed signs at 60k so I replaced it.
Sweet. Thanks! I'm in Atlanta, GA. not much snow at all, so no worries on the rusting. I will check the belt and the steering fluid! Thanks all!

2011 MDX SH-AWD W/ Tech + Entertainment Pacakge
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstock View Post
it's 2011, sorry!
At that age it's time to consider getting the timing belt done based on age (105K miles or 7 years) rather than miles. Heat can be a factor more so than mild temps, so if you are in Atlanta that means you get far more hot days per year than the northern half of the US. I see many here saying the full service typically done with the timing belt is $2-2,500 at the dealer, but you can buy the Aisin kit (only parts most would consider next to OEM) on Rock Auto for $180. In addition to the timing belt that gives you the water pump, tensioner, & idler pulley. It is also recommended to do the coolant and spark plugs at the same time. With a bit of researching and finding a good independent that specializes in Honda/Acura or a dealer tech that likes to do side work it can be realistic to get that work done for less than 1/2 what the dealer typically charges.
allstock likes this.

2007 MDX Tech Billet Silver
2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav/Res
30+ Years Automotive & Related Industry Experience
Sponsored Links
Advertisement