car audio installation shop - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-26-2002 Thread Starter

car audio installation shop

could anyone in the So Cal area recommend a good car audio installation shop. I'm thinking about getting the Alpine 6 disc changer and the Peripheral adapter at an online retailer and just letting the shop install it for me.

2002 Black MDX, running boards, roof rack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002

Re: car audio installation shop

Quote:
Originally posted by kpt_1
could anyone in the So Cal area recommend a good car audio installation shop. I'm thinking about getting the Alpine 6 disc changer and the Peripheral adapter at an online retailer and just letting the shop install it for me.

Over the past 15 years I've had half a dozen cars from my extended family worked on at 3 different Al & Ed's locations. 80% of their business is car alarms and audio installations. I've done business with other shops, but either they were too high end, or too low end, and A & E seemed to be the most consistent. My experience has been that they perform good basic work, they wrap everything up and try to make it look stock, are careful about preventing tooling marks, and charge a fair and reasonable price. Know a few acquaintances that have used their services and have been satisfied. Funny thing about audio & alarm installations, its like a replacement hair job, you don't notice the good jobs, only the bad ones.

TheyUsedToCallMeBruce 2005 N/T cert, orig 2001 totalled @175k by errant left turner - that first '01 took us to the arctic coast of NW Territories, & also sep. trip to New Foundland from Los Angeles.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoKnight View Post
Over the past 15 years I've had half a dozen cars from my extended family worked on at 3 different Al & Ed's locations. 80% of their business is car alarms and audio installations. I've done business with other shops, but either they were too high end, or too low end, and A & E seemed to be the most consistent. My experience has been that they perform good basic work, they wrap everything up and try to make it look stock, are careful about preventing tooling marks, and charge a fair and reasonable price. Know a few acquaintances that have used their services and have been satisfied. Funny thing about audio & alarm installations, its like a replacement hair job, you don't notice the good jobs, only the bad ones.
I do it myself

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: