4Likes
  • 1 Post By p07r0457
  • 1 Post By Wayne12345
  • 1 Post By Illustro
  • 1 Post By Bluepill

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018 Thread Starter

Washing Black Car

Having black car is almost second job to maintain. Though my dealership offered free car wash but it is not like I can go there every other week.
I want to know what is the best and quickest method to wash car. I want to wash my car in less amount of time. I would highly appreciate cleaning shampoo recommendation and cleaning clothes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidtebi View Post
what is the best and quickest method to [black] wash car.
Pick one.
Cars can either be washed well, or quickly... not both. This is especially true with Black.

If you can afford it, find a reputable mobile detailer who can come to you. I have a guy that will wash/wax/detail my vehicles while I work. It's not cheap, but he does amazing work, and the convenience is worth it, to me.
sidtebi likes this.

2019 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription - Onyx Black Metallic
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Candy Diamond Red
1986 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S - Candy Aleutian Blue and Shasta White
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018

I either do it by hand with a proper glove and rinse good and use a good cloth to remove excess water. I also If I don`t have time I go to a car wash that details my MDX and it comes out shiny and it is all brushless. Once a year I use a good wax that I use similar to the old Liquid glass which I don`t think the make anymore and it bonds with the paint protecting it from the elements.
sidtebi likes this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018

The fastest method is to buy a pressure washer and a pressure washer soap gun, I got both off of Craigslist for cheap. Just make sure the unit has a low psi setting safe for car paint and a head with wide angle. You use the safe for car paint setting and make sure you step back away from the car. Watch some YouTube videos or read some guides online and....

Wash, soap wash. Pretty easy.
sidtebi likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018

Softened water to eliminate water spots is almost a necessity with black. You can use a leaf blower to do most of the drying, then finish the job with a real chamois. Always wash/dry in shade, never in direct sun.

I have a local carwash that charges five bucks for a basic wash and blow dry. I pull out under a canopy and complete the drying job with a few Microfiber towels.
sidtebi likes this.

2014 SH-AWD TECH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018

feel same with a white MDX. Thinking of getting clear bra put on front end as on my first trip out a truck started kicking rocks at me. Then some how somethign red splashed on the hood. Depending how much the clear bra treatment costs
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018

Maintenence on black cars is more involved than other colors. The main issue is the appearance of swirl marks. This occurs on all colors, however black is the least forgiving, while lighter colors are on the other end of the spectrum.

Tips for reducing swirl marks:

Use quality shampoo that is pH neutral. You generally want a good lubrication and something that will maintain any wax or sealant protection on the paint.
Use the two bucket method to wash (Google the process)
Get a good quality microfiber wash mitt and microfiber drying towel.

I cannot street how important a good wash routine is for your paintwork. This the step that has the potential to cause the worst damage, so get it right!

Avoid automatic washes, and rather opt for the methods mentioned above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement