Calling all PA members - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001 Thread Starter

Cool

Its time to get our PA Group organized!

Please post here if you own an MDX or will own one later( I fall here as of today) and live in the state of PA.

Post your city/town, MDX color, options(Navigation and/or Touring package), date of delivery/order and accessories installed/future accessories. For the benefit of some members it might be beneficial to also list your experiences with your dealer.

Lets get this MDXing and see how big a group are we!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001 Thread Starter

I should have conveyed my thanks to relsah whose idea this was and admin who made this happen immediately.
Apologies for this miss.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-02-2001

Cool I second that!

Quote:
Originally posted by Pittmdx
Its time to get our PA Group organized!

Please post here if you own an MDX or will own one later( I fall here as of today) and live in the state of PA.

Post your city/town, MDX color, options(Navigation and/or Touring package), date of delivery/order and accessories installed/future accessories. For the benefit of some members it might be beneficial to also list your experiences with your dealer.

Lets get this MDXing and see how big a group are we!!!
Let's start the ball rolling!

- Montgomery, PA
- Mahogany/Touring (mud flaps, side steps, all weather
mats, cargo cover, cargo tray, cargo net, wheel locks)
- Ordered Feb. 3, 2001, delivered May 15, 2001
- Ordered from Ardmore ACURA, very pleased with my salesman
Dewey Moore. MSRP with no forced option (although they
put on a badge, which will I have them removed on my
first service).

Will post pic soon!

'01 Mahogany/Touring born-on-date 5-15-01'
'mud flaps, cargo net, all weather mats, side steps, cargo tray, cargo cover, wheel locks'

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-04-2001 Thread Starter

I have on purpose delayed my inputs. I got my MDX just yesterday!
- Pittsburgh, PA
- SS with Navi, added wood shift knob from Tim
- date of order:1/31/01, date of delivery:7/3/01
- bought from Baierl Acura, extremely pleased with the professional attitude. MSRP and no forced options(infact, suggested a no need to options. Received pinstriping, touch up paint, mud flaps, oil changes, wheel locks and leather care package....all free. Strongly recommend dealer.

Lets go guys.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-05-2001

Quote:
Originally posted by Pittmdx

I have on purpose delayed my inputs. I got my MDX just yesterday!
- Pittsburgh, PA
- SS with Navi, added wood shift knob from Tim
- date of order:1/31/01, date of delivery:7/3/01
- bought from Baierl Acura, extremely pleased with the professional attitude. MSRP and no forced options(infact, suggested a no need to options. Received pinstriping, touch up paint, mud flaps, oil changes, wheel locks and leather care package....all free. Strongly recommend dealer.

Lets go guys.
Hey Pitt,

Congrats on your new baby!

Post some pic soon.

'mud flaps, cargo net, all weather mats, side steps, cargo tray, cargo cover, wheel locks'
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-06-2001

Smile

Took delivery Mesa Beige/Tourijng/Navi/mud gaurds/wheel locks/wood meter trim in March, (Smail Acura, Greensburg, Pa), drove it to Fla for a couple of months, and back. Now 8000 nilkes, great car, super service from Smail!
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-23-2001
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to hondacuraplanet
I'm going to be in Pittsburgh for an overnight stay for a Daewoo parts seminar on August 1st, and will be spending the night before in some hotel around there which is as of yet to be determined. Two questions:

1. What's a nice place to stay at that won't cost as much as a pair of running boards?

2. Anyone interested in meeting out for dinner and drinks as long as I'll be in town?
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-24-2001 Thread Starter

Cool

That's great. It will be nice to spend some time with you. Lets see if anyone else in Pittsburgh is available too.
There is a good Extended Stay America near the Greentree area which I suggest for accomodation. Costs about $60 for a night including a small kitchen.(less than the cost of the burlwood knob I got from you...........just kidding). Let me know and I could pm their phone number. More importantly let me know where your seminar is scheduled. This hotel might not be suitable if you have to pass two tunnels to attend the seminar except if the seminar is in downtown.

SS with Navi, ordered 1/31/01, mine since 7/3/01
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-25-2001

Tim... I agree that Extended Stay is nice... there are also a couple opf good places in town, depemnding on where meeting is to take place... I'd love to meet you, but am flying South to Fla today,. and won't retuen until the afternoon of the 1st!
Gasman
Super Moderator

Just found out that I'll be staying at the same place the course is held....the Holiday Inn at 1406 Beers School Road in Coraopolis, somewhere near the airport. The room rate is around $139, but they told me they'd spring for it!

I'm going to try to leave here as early as possible, probably around 2-ish, so I'm assuming that it'll put me there around 6PM or so, depending on how traffic is. I'm understanding that there's construction on I79 between the Ohio River and exit 16, how much of a holdup does that present if any?

I'll make sure to bring a few Hondacuraworld T-shirts!
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-27-2001 Thread Starter

It will be great to have a get together on 7/31 at about 7pm. I suggest Don Pablos. This is a Mexican rest. pretty close to your hotel. I can give you directions.....the best thing is that they have the best margaritas. But, you decide on the cuisine and I will suggest the restaurant.
I 79 is badly messed up at Pittsburgh. I suggest near Pit. just after the Wexford exit, take I279S. This will lead you to the other end of I79 thus bypassing all construction. I 279S converts to 60 which will take you Beers School Road.
Please confirm if the time/place is convenient. I will encourage all current and future owners of the MDX in Pittsburgh to join.

Super Moderator

Sounds good to me! I'll map out your recommendation this weekend. PM me with your phone # and I'll call you when I get to the hotel. I'm going to try and cruise outta here by noon so that I'm not going through the metro in rush hour traffic.

I'd love to meet as many of you as possible, so if you'd like to get together with us, post it up!
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-31-2001 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by hondacuraworld
Just found out that I'll be staying at the same place the course is held....the Holiday Inn at 1406 Beers School Road in Coraopolis, somewhere near the airport. The room rate is around $139, but they told me they'd spring for it!

I'm going to try to leave here as early as possible, probably around 2-ish, so I'm assuming that it'll put me there around 6PM or so, depending on how traffic is. I'm understanding that there's construction on I79 between the Ohio River and exit 16, how much of a holdup does that present if any?

I'll make sure to bring a few Hondacuraworld T-shirts!

Tim from Hondacuraworld will be in Pittsburgh tonight. I encourage everybody from Pittsburgh and surroundings to meet today for an evening together over drinks/dinner. We plan to meet at Don Pablos in Robinson Towncenter (located opp Sams Club) at 7pm. If you need any further info/directions, please pm or email me.

Looking forward to meeting Pitt members. Maybe we could have a couple of pictures taken of our MDXs together.

Send a message via AIM to bgallen
Thumbs up PA Group

- West Chester, PA
- Mesa Beige/Touring (side steps)
- Ordered June 23, 2001
- Delivered August 8, 2001
- Ordered from Hall Acura, Newport News VA

2001 MB Touring, side steps

Cool

bgallen,

Welcome to the Club!

Post some pics!

How would you rate your dealer?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: