Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

how to keep rear speakers on?

18K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Terry Fox 
#1 ·
Whenever I try to play music from my phone via either the "ipod" or "bluetooth" setting, my MDX always turns off the back speakers. The front speakers then cut in and out in an odd way that I think must be related to the surround sound. I can manually turn the back speakers back on, but then it happens all over again the next time I get in the car. Any suggestions?

#5 ·
Thanks from me as well. That worked. However, here is an issue. I got in the car and turned it on (2 presses of the car power button, but no brake press so the engine is not on). I looked at the DVD slot and all around it. I see a power button next to the DVD slot with no indication if it is on or not. Then I press that button. The rear speakers instantly come on. Yay. Still no visual indicator of power status of that button. Just for fun, I press it again. The rear speakers turn off, and A GREEN LIGHT COMES ON. Where was that green light two clicks ago? Sounds like a bug to me.

Anywho, now I know how to deal with it. Thanks!

2016 MDX Tech, RES, safety package.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.