Oh no! I just bought a 2014 MDX Advanced - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By theXman
  • 1 Post By rluna15

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Oh no! I just bought a 2014 MDX Advanced

HI Everyone,

I have a 2010 MDX tech and I absolutely love it! Its a tank and I have never had an issue with it. So, I wanted to get a newer vehicle and wanted to buy another MDX, because of my experience with the 2010. I just bought a 2014 MDX advanced today and I am waiting for the dealer to put new tires on it and some other minor updates. I thought I did my homework, but I stumbled across a number of posts with nightmare stories with this model.

FYI, I made the mistake of buying a BMW 325 the first model year and it was in the shop 32 times in 3 years! BOO

I am now having buyers remorse and haven't even picked up my car yet. Did I make a huge mistake and should have went with the 2015? I am an Acura fan, but I didn't realize Honda failed with this car so bad. I should know better then to buy the first model year of a new design.

Of course, I figure it out after I dropped cash on the car. :P

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:58 PM

I've got a '14 and it's been perfect.

2014 MDX SH-AWD/Tech, 2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 Years Edition
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Thank you, I need to hear good stories. It seems like everyone posting is compelled due to the issues they are having.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCyrder View Post
Thank you, I need to hear good stories. It seems like everyone posting is compelled due to the issues they are having.
My 2014 has 52K miles, trouble-free except for 2 software updates and the A/C clutch recall. Remember that you have a 4 year/50K mile warranty from date of original sale. Call a dealer and see if any open recalls are due on your vehicle.

How many miles are on it?

2014 SH-AWD Tech
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2005 Premium
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

38,000 and I bought the 90K extended factory warranty on it from the dealership. It's a sharp car and my mechanic said it was in excellent condition.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepill View Post
My 2014 has 52K miles, trouble-free except for 2 software updates and the A/C clutch recall. Remember that you have a 4 year/50K mile warranty from date of original sale. Call a dealer and see if any open recalls are due on your vehicle.

How many miles are on it?

Did acura up it to 4 years sometime in the past couple years or has it always been 4 years. Somehow I thought it was only 3 years warranty.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 08:24 AM

You should have bought the 2017
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareshi View Post
You should have bought the 2017
Lol why say something like that? He bought a used 2014, I don't think something 3 years newer was in the budget.

Congratulations on the new ride. There's no way telling if it's a lemon or not other than looking at a carfax but those never tell the whole story. Can an Acura service dept give you a print out of previous work done on it? That might help indicate if it's been problematic or not.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 11:02 AM

OP - I had a 2014 Adv and it was solid. You should be fine with extended warranty coverage. Enjoy the car!

17 ACURA MDX WHITE DIAMOND w/ESPRESSO ADV/ENT
14 ACURA MDX WHITE DIAMOND ADV/ENT (lease ended)
11 ACURA MDX POLISHED METAL TECH/ENT (lease ended)
07 ACURA MDX STEEL BLUE TECH/ENT (lease ended)
04 BMW 530I AMETHYST GRAY
03 ACURA MDX BLACK NAVI/RES (lease ended)
94 ACURA INTEGRA BLACK
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Fortunately, it was a lease vehicle and I can see the entire maintenance history. It was just in for routine maintenance and oil changes every 6k miles. No reported repairs or other issues. I will keep my fingers crossed and see how it works out. Thanks for the responses.

And 2017 was not in the budget this year.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 12:16 PM

Be sure to check out TSBs thread for 2014 and have the dealer perform all of them before you pick up the car.
CodeAdam10 likes this.

17 ACURA MDX WHITE DIAMOND w/ESPRESSO ADV/ENT
14 ACURA MDX WHITE DIAMOND ADV/ENT (lease ended)
11 ACURA MDX POLISHED METAL TECH/ENT (lease ended)
07 ACURA MDX STEEL BLUE TECH/ENT (lease ended)
04 BMW 530I AMETHYST GRAY
03 ACURA MDX BLACK NAVI/RES (lease ended)
94 ACURA INTEGRA BLACK
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 02:57 PM

I have an early build 2014 Tech SHAWD with somewhere around 38K miles on it and I've been very happy with it. It's been quite reliable and is fun to drive and I'm happy I purchased it. I hope your experience turns out to be similar to mine.

Note - the 2015 isn't a panacea versus the 2014 - some of the chronic issues such as door/panel alignment persisted into the 2015. This one's easy to avoid though - just inspect the panel alignment on whichever vehicle you're considering buying.

You likely made a good choice.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 05:39 PM

I love my 2014, I bought it used at 39k one owner before me and they were super anal about maintaining it and taking it in every 5k. I've taken it in for a few minor things but it's only because I'm picky and it's still under factory warranty so why not? I will absolutely be purchasing Acura Care before the warranty expires though.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 04:15 PM

You're going to be fine

We purchased a CPO 2014 Advance 2wd in Sept. of 2015. We love the car! It is my daily driver and we've used it for long trips with our kids. No real issues to speak of. Make sure you take a look at all of the TSB's available on this site as I have run into some minor issues, and with the TSB's on hand, our dealer has been great at addressing each one of them. I have no real unresolved issues. I decided on the 2014 because after test driving the 2015's I did not like the feel of the 9speed ZF transmission. Hope this helps!
purplesparklies likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: