Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

iPhone IOS 10 Bluetooth Connection

14K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  gargamel 
#1 ·
My iPhone 6S is not playing nice with my 16 MDX after the upgrade to IOS 10. I can make or receive a call but subsequent calls won't connect. I have to cycle Bluetooth OFF and back ON on the iPhone to make or receive another call through the HandsFree link. Anyone else see this?

#9 ·
FIX: This is an odd fix but it seems to be working for me.

Step 1: delete phone from acura interface
Step 2: on iphone in settings/general/reset/click "reset network settings" and phone will reboot
Step 3: after phone reboot change name to anything without using the word iphone and keep it at one word
Step 4: re-pair phone to car
Step 5: celebrate

#10 ·
Usually just deleting and repairing will fix it without needing to change the name and reset network and reboot on the iphone, but I guess it's a safe way to ensure no settings are cached. As a side note, Android users need only "forget" pairing on the phone side.

#12 ·
Acura has acknowledged that there is a problem with the Acura bluetooth interface and iPhones with IOS 10 and new iPhone 7's that came with IOS 10. They say they are working on it. I continue to have problems with consecutive calls on my iPhone using bluetooth in my 16 MDX.

#14 ·
My Bluetooth connection won't allow me to make or receive consecutive calls. It keeps a connection but the functionality isn't right. I will get transfer and private mode showing up at times when another call comes in.

#16 ·
No one should have issues with consecutive calls or having to reset phones after each call. We all know how bad technology has gotten with the Nav and info systems. I don't get many calls, but I know it works for one call. Haven't had consecutive calls.
I do remember when trying to redial someone after trying once, it would not allow me to redial. That's with iphone7.

#19 ·
I called Acura for an update on this issue and they said their techs were busy on other calls and would call me back. That was 5 hours ago. I'm not holding my breath. I had to have my iPhone replaced due to a battery issue. I have a new 6S and I had to repair with my MDX. This phone is acting the same as my previous 6S. Also my daughter with an iPhone 6 is seeing similar issues with her Handsfree Link in her 2016 TLX with tech package. "ravioli" above is having one of the same issues I'm having plus I can't accept another call when already on the phone. The transfer button highlights on the Acura display but then it's locked up. I have to select speaker or phone on the iPhone to get the call to come through. It won't connect to Handsfree Link.

Anyone else have any updates? I originally reported this problem to Acura back in October. There have been at least 2-3 updates to IOS 10 (current version 10.2) and none of the updates have addressed this problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.