Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 50-59

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • 60+

Votes: 5 16.1%

What's your age?

5K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Gregory Smith 
#1 ·
I'm curious about the age demographics in this Third Generation MDX forum. Just want to know what age group current generation MDX attracts. Be proud and vote. Thanks!

#5 ·
It seems like an odd question to ask on a first post unless it's from a marketing research firm of some kind.

Any feedback you get, which would likely be minimal, would be such a low sample size and highly skewed as to be useless for the question you're trying to get answered.

- A minute percentage of MDX owners ever post on an online forum like this.

- There's some skew as to age groups who will frequent forums like this with a bias towards younger people with some outliers or more tech savvy/inclined older people.

- Some people, like me, won't answer your question which skews it further.

If you really want to know the information you might want to check with Acura, who likely has a very good idea since they almost certainly know the ages of almost all the buyers, but probably won't give you that detail, or check with some market research firms who collect and make available some of this type of info.

#7 ·
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and suggestions. I am just wondering you spent at least 5 minutes to write comment but decided not to vote which just takes a second :)

First of all I am not related to any marketing research firm and I don't want to be associated. I believe Acura should have done this research already but for sure they are not going to reveal this data to me and I don't have any idea how can I get it either, so I didn't even think about it. Since I am in the market for buying 2017 Acura MDX, so I came across this forum which I find very useful and got to know so many things. I am 35, just got curiosity question which age group this vehicle attracts. Since its very athletic vehicle, I am hoping that it should attract to the younger crowd. I knew the fact that it will be smaller sample size, but still it will give some idea about age group. I don't want to buy vehicle which is owned by oldies mostly[Oldies, please don't get offended].

I would like to thank everyone who voted so far and I am not getting any money from anyone else for this data. This is just personal curiosity/research, which will help me in decision making for my next vehicle. I know other people can get benefit from this as well. There might be people out there who might want to know the age group of the people who own or planning to own MDX.

#12 ·
I think you shouldn't worry about the particular age group driving the vehicle and just see if the attributes of it are what you're looking for. I didn't even consider what other people think - most people are fairly ignorant about vehicles anyway, including the ones they drive - I know far more about vehicles than most people.

I chose the MDX because of the combination of its attributes and after the basic form factor of 7 seat SUV I prioritized good handling on curvy roads and acceleration - i.e. spirited driving. I drive more spiritedly than most drivers half or a third of my age. I think the MDX is fun to drive for an SUV - I tend to drive it as if it's a sports car.

With vehicles like the MDX the age of the owners skews upward somewhat due to the cost of the vehicle - the older people are the more wealth they usually have and thus can afford to spend more on a vehicle but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of younger people owning them as well.

#14 ·
I agree with some of the replies, mid to older generation will most likely go for an MDX due to the $$$ as well as change of lifestyle (ie. growing family).

I own 3G MDX and I chose it simply because it answered most of my needs vs other manufactures. 1) The last 3 cars have been a Honda family and so far so good. 2) needed a 7 seater for the growing family 3) Wanted factory installed DVD for kids in order to control it from the drivers side 4) SHAWD, a great and fun car to drive...most cases you don't feel like your driving an SUV 5) etc.......

In terms of car models, there are so many options out there. I would not worry about what other people think when your driving a car, but simply if it solves your needs now or in the near future.

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.