Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

New Car Survey

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  manera 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I don't think it's exclusively expectations.

When the 2016 CR-V has higher quality and a better infotainment system (if you call it that), and Acura is denial over the MDX (and other cars with the dual-screen debacle), they have a big problem.

Now it's finally beginning to hit them. Acura was always a brand with high JD Power scores.

We "spoke" with our wallets and defected after eight Acuras in a row.

#5 ·
I don't think it's exclusively expectations.

When the 2016 CR-V has higher quality and a better infotainment system (if you call it that), and Acura is denial over the MDX (and other cars with the dual-screen debacle), they have a big problem.

It really is strange. I have a family member with a 2015 Honda CRV base model. I drove it on a long trip and the car was quieter and I honestly thought it was better put together than my MDX. Yes, no acceleration and a CVT transmission, but the panels all fit properly, there are no rattles and the car has only been to the dealership for oil changes. My 2014 MDX has been to the dealership 8 times in addition to the regular servicing for all sorts of quality problems in the first 3 years of ownership.

While it is a different car, I am still amazed that basically the same car company puts together a CRV better for half the price of my MDX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.