Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

2017 MDX Pricing Paid

189K views 452 replies 225 participants last post by  kat83 
#1 ·
Stopped in a dealer to see the new MDX. I asked what they were selling for and she replied "We are selling at MSRP". I said Thats too bad because I dont pay sticker. She then replies well we we do discount, but we just are not discounting today because of limited supply.

What are others paying? True Car and Edmunds are already showing discounting off of MSRP.

#2 ·
It's supply and demand based on each region. Check the inventory. If 5 people already pay deposit at MSRP and are waiting for the arrivals, dealers won't discount. If you are in an area where Honda and Acura are popular, best bet is to wait a little and save your time.

#17 ·
New to the forums here and I've been waiting on the '17s for a few months now. Two seperate dealers in the DC/MD/VA region has quoted me below MSRP. DEALER 1 offered $49,400 for a SH-AWD with Tech. DEALER 2 has offered $800 under MSRP and DEALER 3 stated they would beat anyone else by an addition $500.

Still negotiating and waiting them out. Love the forum.

#23 ·
dhb is in the Portland area so I assume it's one of the dealers around there that offered a deal. None of the dealers in the Seattle area were interested in offering discount off 2017 so I got a 2016 instead. Didn't want the 2017 Advance anyway.
Years ago I got the bimmer in Salem. Had to take a train and bus transfer to get there.

#25 ·
It really is dependent on the culture at the dealership and the area.

If one is willing to travel and cast a wide net, there are bound to be dealers who are willing to deal.

I recently helped my father shop for a new Pilot Touring and at first dealers were not offering much more than $500 off. One of the larger ones came in with $2,000 or so off. I shopped it around and some dealers would play ball and others said no thanks. One of the smaller dealers even accused me of making up the number because he wasn't interested in discounting his "hottest model." He's lucky there are people who are not savvy enough to realize they can drive an hour down the road and save money.

In the past I always wanted the absolute bottom line or bust, but honestly now I'm not going to let a few hundred here or there break a deal.

I'm awaiting the new Odyssey but will know it'll be a few months before Honda dealers will discount.

#30 ·
When the MDX was introduced nearly 16 years ago, it sold for MSRP in most markets for 3+ years with waiting lists on nearly all trims, many times with $1K+ markups or forced accessories.

I wonder why Honda hasn't shifted the trim allocations of the Pilot. It sounds like plenty of people would gladly pay for and be driving an Elite vs. an EX-L.

Perhaps Honda underestimated the new model's higher end popularity?

#34 ·
$48, 281 out the door, 6% MD equaled $51,800 out the door. I considered the Volvo XC90, Dodge Durango, and Mazda CX-9. Between Car & Driver, Forbes, other publications & a host of car review YouTube videos the MDX blows the competition away in terms of best luxury SUV bang for your buck.

Attachments

#35 ·
Today I received following quote on a 2017 Advance with an MSRP of 57,340 and invoice of 53,689. Basically $1,000 over invoice. Here is the full deal they offered in writing. Thoughts?

Selling Price 54,689.00
State Tax (7% of SP) 3,828.23
Document Fees 399.00
Luxury Tax 218.76
DMV 401.00
State Tire Fee 7.50

Total Out the Door Price 59,543.49

#37 ·
Today I received following quote on a 2017 Advance with an MSRP of 57,340 and invoice of 53,689. Basically $1,000 over invoice. Here is the full deal they offered in writing. Thoughts?

Selling Price 54,689.00
State Tax (7% of SP) 3,828.23
Document Fees 399.00
Luxury Tax 218.76
DMV 401.00
State Tire Fee 7.50

Total Out the Door Price 59,543.49
Sounds like a winner. What state? Luxury tax and tire fee sounds suspicious.

#39 ·
In NJ the luxury tax kicks in at 45K for any car that does not get over an average of 40 MPG. If your car gets less than 19 MPG and is under 45K then the Inefficient Car Tax kicks in. Both taxes are .04% of the sales price and you either pay one or the other. Only way to not pay is to buy a car for less than 45K and greater than 19MPG.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.