Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Look for 2016 deal or wait for 2017

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  atl7 
#1 ·
Thinking about getting an Advance model, for 2016 the best price quote I got from a local dealer is about $250 over invoice in my area (there will be document fee plus tax etc. added on).
Just wonder if you think I should wait for 2017. The changes don't make too much of a difference to me, and for Advance I think the main gain is heated steering wheel and real wood.

Thanks.

#3 ·
Wait for the 2017 and get the adaptive dampers. The 2016 suspension has major design issues. The money saved on the "deal" will likely be lost quicky in resale value. In 2-3 years the demand for 2017 refreshed models will yield higher prices than 2016. If you can be a bit patient, I don't think anyone expects the 2017 to be in crazy demand and since they're built stateside, supply should be good. Due to that, there should be room for reasonable negotiation once inventory fills the lots. Alternatively, once '17 inventory arrives, you could likely score a '16 for under invoice.

Unless you need a car today, I'd wait, and make sure to get the adaptive suspension!!!!

#4 ·
The news release seems to say that the Sport Hybrid gets the active sport suspension, or did I read it incorrectly - it also says sport hybrid gets the exclusive sport+, suggesting the regular models includes it (sport, normal, sport). Haven't seen any further report about how it works.

Indeed I'm in no hurry. Thanks.

#6 ·
Took home a '16 MDX demo for the weekend because I'd like to lease one. Here are the details: '16 AWD base, 36 month, 15k mi/yr, first month payment down. Getting white w/ parchment interior, my local dealer has 4 of these exact model and color combos in stock so hopefully they want to clear these. This will be my 5th Acura from my salesman in less than 3 years if that helps. I just don't feel like I'm getting a good deal. He took a pic of the numbers worksheet after I picked up the demo and sent it to me and it reads:

Sale price- $44,228
Total financed aftermarkets- $699 (have no clue what this is)
Loyalty rebate- $1,000
Due on delivery- $574 (first month down payment)

Residual value- $26,194
Money factor- .00020
Monthly payment- $574 after tax and finance charge

I've run the numbers multiple times on total lease payments and it just doesn't add up to $574 even after finance and tax, I have no clue why this is so high. So I'm just wondering, what's your guys' input on this, do you think I have wiggle room? I don't want to go in Monday asking for too much trying to get it for way cheaper if that's unrealistic. But it seems like some of you are paying a few hundred above invoice..but the sale price of mine is $1,000 over invoice. Money factor seems low, but I just don't get why the monthly payment is so high, and it doesn't seem like that rebate is lowering the payment at all. I'd appreciate any input! Just trying to see if my expectations are unrealistic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.