AcuraLink Connect problem... :mad: - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

AcuraLink Connect problem... :mad:

Anyone who has this kind of AcuraLink problem?

My dealership registered AcuraLink subscription. They didn't know this AcuraLink registration until I explicitly requested.

After the registration, I got an email of the terms and agreement, and PIN for my VIN. I'm using a free service. I then created AcuraLink ID.

But, I can't pull my car's status as shown in the attachment. I contacted AcuraLink. They wanted my AcuraLink ID and password . I gave them. And, they're still working on this problem.

I don't understand why registration/activation to use AcuraLink on mobile devices and web is so hard. Nissan has a similar one. But, it's very easy to setup.

Last edited by barcarole; 07-16-2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Attached the image.
barcarole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Try pushing the LINK button in the car as that will get the mobile device built into the car to connect to the system. You can hang up after you hear the voice.
it also takes a little time to get the registration processed after the activation. I had a similar issue.

It took 24 hours.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

My activation went pretty easy....Keep us updated
2005 Mercedes CLK500
2005 Suzuki GSXR-1000
2006 Maserati Coupe Vintage Pkg (Traded)
Flame3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

My dealership is now setting up the free AcuraLink for everyone as part of the process of picking up your car. Then they can oversee the process and guarantee that it works. Mine worked fine once I realized I need to enter the "generated" AcuraLink ID into my iPhone app. Once I did that it now logs in each time I use the app - which works pretty slick. But I am using the AcuraLink Connect package.
danrhiggins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'm trying to set it up right now.

Any idea where to get PIN?
Russian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 03:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

To get the pin, call client relations:

https://acuralink.acura.com/Information/AssistServices

When setting up my account, they asked for a PIN. You use that PIN to register the app.
ebob9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for your feedbacks. When pressing LINK, I was then able to log in. However, as I'm a free service, it seems literally useless. I can't even pull the car status and can't use sending map. If this is really true, it's ridiculous. I'd rather just use my iPhone to search the map. AcuraLink connect on iPhone is just horrible.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

It must be the difference between the free and pay version? AcuraLink on the iPhone is working great for me. But I have the Connect (pay) package. I use the map function of the AcuraLink app on my iPhone for most searches now then send the link to the MDX's Nav system. I've had no issues unless of course I am out of cell phone range. As for the Link button when I use it I get two functions on the screen. (Actually, an automated voice comes on.) One of those functions is to find a new destination. I haven't done any sophisticated search with it. I mostly use it to find cities that are ahead of me on my trip. (Something that was a pain to do on my 2010 Lexus Nav system because that system always wanted a street address - it wouldn't just use a city name.) Then I have the AcuraLink automated system send the city location to my Nav system and I add it as a destination on my route. From that point on I can get real time updates on miles to that city and traffic along the way. As for more sophisticated searches like "Chinese food" or "hotels" or whatever I use the Acuralink app on my iPhone which shows me the locations that met my search criteria. I click on the little black flags, they show me the address and give me a button to send to the car. (Again, if in cell range.) I haven't pushed the limits of the automated service at all but my guess is that it is dumber than Siri.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrhiggins View Post
It must be the difference between the free and pay version? AcuraLink on the iPhone is working great for me. But I have the Connect (pay) package. I use the map function of the AcuraLink app on my iPhone for most searches now then send the link to the MDX's Nav system. I've had no issues unless of course I am out of cell phone range. As for the Link button when I use it I get two functions on the screen. (Actually, an automated voice comes on.) One of those functions is to find a new destination. I haven't done any sophisticated search with it. I mostly use it to find cities that are ahead of me on my trip. (Something that was a pain to do on my 2010 Lexus Nav system because that system always wanted a street address - it wouldn't just use a city name.) Then I have the AcuraLink automated system send the city location to my Nav system and I add it as a destination on my route. From that point on I can get real time updates on miles to that city and traffic along the way. As for more sophisticated searches like "Chinese food" or "hotels" or whatever I use the Acuralink app on my iPhone which shows me the locations that met my search criteria. I click on the little black flags, they show me the address and give me a button to send to the car. (Again, if in cell range.) I haven't pushed the limits of the automated service at all but my guess is that it is dumber than Siri.
That's not true. I initially signed up for the free package and I was able to access the mobile app. Granted that the only functionality that it provided was the access to the Owner manual, but still the access was there
Old 07-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcarole View Post
Thanks for your feedbacks. When pressing LINK, I was then able to log in. However, as I'm a free service, it seems literally useless. I can't even pull the car status and can't use sending map. If this is really true, it's ridiculous. I'd rather just use my iPhone to search the map. AcuraLink connect on iPhone is just horrible.
Glad to help.

Acuralink free service is NOT useless as it provides real-time traffic to the nav (including surface street traffic). But if you want more functionality, you will need to get the connect package.

Keep in mind you can try both the connect and premium packages for free for 3 months. I have a post with the info on how.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian View Post
I'm trying to set it up right now.

Any idea where to get PIN?
Make sure that you press Link button and wait for the voice response before you hang up as that will activate the built-in mobile device. Then call AcuraLink at 8003822238
Old 07-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks fun2drive. I of course do not know what the "free" version offers which is why I phrased it as a question. I think barcarole's issue was not only getting it set up but that she found the iPhone app, once setup, was still not all that useful. (Do they really expect people to read the manual on an iPhone screen? I do wish they would make the app available for a cellular-equipped iPad.) Anyway, as I said I don't know what is missing in the "free" version. (I was told that it is only free for three years. Have others been hearing the same thing?)
Old 07-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

Oh thanks! Yes, the traffic information is useful, and I have confirmed now it shows the info. It'd be good if Acura did provide emergency assist (the red button) in a free option. I don't need a concierge service, but that should be useful in case of emergency.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: