Acura to show 2014 MDX Prototype- Jan 14 - Page 8 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
I'm ok with and even liking the evolutionary external design.
But the shrinking engine size was not expected.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Smaller in displacement but the new DI model should get more power and better MPG withe the VCM.
donger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by donger View Post
Smaller in displacement but the new DI model should get more power and better MPG withe the VCM.
Yup and i-VTEC should also help with low end torque in the lower revs. I think it's going to be a great engine if it's anything like the K series motors like on the RSX/TSX/Civic Si
Old 01-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #108 (permalink)

Honda makes the best engines in the industry. I'm sure it will be awesome.

tolson37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by donger View Post
Given the problems Pilot owners are having with VCM you don't want it.

boston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #110 (permalink)
dj5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
Given the problems Pilot owners are having with VCM you don't want it. /mobile]AutoGuide.com App[/url][/color]

And that may be the main reason we get a 2013 MDX instead of the 2014.
dj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #111 (permalink)

I am sorry to hear that mdx will get VCM.

2006 Toyota Camry V6. 255,000 Miles.
mmm666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 01:08 AM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr5 View Post
Until they shed some weight, mileage will not improve much. Especially the city number. The Outback is substantially smaller. I considered getting one to replace my '07 MDX. I like that the Outback is lower and weighs subtantially less. But the Outback doesn't have 3rd row seating, which I need every so often.
I don't think that's the case. The current engine in the MDX, as the case with many Honda engines, don't produce much torque at lower RPM's, a lot of revving is required to get up and go. The newer Honda engines are designed for more torque at lower RPM's, reducing the need to rev as high, thus may very well be more efficient.

Yeah, you may have voted for me, but don't expect me to work for you. I'm too busy catering to the people who funded my election and to the people who bribe me. And remember, if anything goes wrong it's anyone else's fault but mine, in fact it was probably yours. You must be wondering why all this is legal. Well, son, I make the law.

This is Corrupt Politician, signing out
CrptPolitician is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash68 View Post

I'd like to see more responses like this on this board, but after selling my 2004 TL I am unable to get passed Acura's ugly design as well as many other consumers
2012 TL facelift - revised bumpers - lipstick on a pig. AWD drives well but heavy for its engine. Car is very nose heavy now. Interior is a button nightmare and overall a step down from prev generation TL IMO.
2013 RDX - meh
2013 RLX - was bitten by an ugly stick worse than RL - Acura should be hiding their "flagship" car
The current styling on the TL is pretty hideous. I'm really surprised it made it to production and that they actually have customers who pay good money for them. What I think many folks are missing is that Acura is not an innovator. They are a follower. They look to see what other companies are doing and then follow them. So they are constantly playing catch up.

07 MDX sport
07 Specialized Tarmac
09 Brompton M3L-X
09 Ritchey Breakaway/SRAM Force
adr5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetrical View Post
Acura IMO is starting to come along with their recent designs, the RDX, RLX and now the MDX in terms of having that universal brand identity.
Is this your perception or you saw sales numbers climb recently? Last time I looked around 2010-11 Acura sales were flat or declining except MDX

Quote:
Unfortunately it's not for everyone but what car really is? To some, Porsches are beautiful, to others it's a glorified Bug. Some think Audi's are sexy while others think they are plain. Heck even I think the Audi A7 is THE best looking vehicle on the road today but to another guy it might just be ok. I've even had arguments with close friends about how they think the Ferrari Italia is ugly when I think it's amazing. So to each their own my friend, and maybe Acura just isn't for you.
I couldn't agree more with you, visual design is all about perception. However, the brands you mentioned above do have something else to back up their not-always-appealing visual designs with: brand recognition, legacy and performance.
IMO Porshe is not a good looking car. But when I had an opportunity to drive one for a couple of days I could not wipe that big green off my face! You drive Z - you know what I mean
S4 is another fine automobile which is no longer that far from TL's price range.

Acura doesn't have those (or similar things) to back their brand with and should be working on it. Or at least compensating for it.
vash68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolson37 View Post
Honda makes the best engines in the industry. I'm sure it will be awesome.
LOL! You should read this:
Ward's 10 Best Engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

J35 Engine that came out in 2005 made the list and several Acura cars were equipped with it. And nothing since then until 2013 Honda Accord engine which IMO is a little early to judge.

Now do a quick search through that list for Acura, what do you see?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #116 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Im so happy I've kept my 2007 MDX Sport......It does everything I need very well.....And my 2004 Acura RL remains the most TROUBLE FREE vehicle they made......NUFF SAID..... The new RLX looks very much like my 04 modernized....which is what they should have done in 2005 instead of making it look like a Honda Accord on Steroids..... L8TER
2007 RDX Tech package/Pearl White/Ebony
2007 MDX Sport/Ent. Black/Ebony

2006 Lucchese Classics Black/Cherry Nile Crocodile belly, upper Black US Buffalo

** Converted to Zaino on 06-12-2002 **
Fabvsix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #117 (permalink)

Given that they announced they will start selling this mid-year, when do you think they'll announce the dimensions (exterior) and bells and whistles (interior)?
SouthBoston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #118 (permalink)

My guess is the interior and full details about the vehicle will be available by the New York Auto show in April. I think I read this somewhere but that is my instincts also. I personally am hoping for a hybrid version. Anyone else here think we have a good chance of getting one in the MDX??
matt03acura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash68 View Post
Is this your perception or you saw sales numbers climb recently? Last time I looked around 2010-11 Acura sales were flat or declining except MDX
Acura USA December 2012 Sales Results - Acura Connected

Shows here their sales in the Acura Division overall has increased 26.7% from 123,000 to 156,000 compared to 2011. TL and TSX sales remain about the same, MDX sales are up about 7,000, the RL of course is declined, the ILX sold a respectable 12,500 and RDX sales have DOUBLED from 15,000 to 30,000.

So I'm not sure where you're perception of sales is coming from.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Acura USA December 2012 Sales Results - Acura Connected

Shows here their sales in the Acura Division overall has increased 26.7% from 123,000 to 156,000 compared to 2011. TL and TSX sales remain about the same, MDX sales are up about 7,000, the RL of course is declined, the ILX sold a respectable 12,500 and RDX sales have DOUBLED from 15,000 to 30,000.

So I'm not sure where you're perception of sales is coming from.
Mine is from 2010-2011
http://acuraconnected.com/page/3/?s=Acura+sales+2010

Good to know consumers warmed up to the brand in 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: