Acura to show 2014 MDX Prototype- Jan 14 - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Your right Acura was the first jap lux brand.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
tolson37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestrepo View Post
It's not only the number of gears, it's keyless entry, and not the fob kind of keyless, it's push start, it's panoramic sunroof, it's direct injection, it's turbocharged engines, it's knee airbags, it's everything!
We have accepted Acura for "great for the money", or "great value", or "very reliable", but seriously, they are NOT better than the competition, they don't offer as many features, they are not as powerful, and they are not as luxurious. So, we are caught in this "smart luxury" segment, but let's face it, luxury is not smart, if you are willing to pay more for the same stuff (Honda), you want it to be good, significantly better, and Acura is simply better than the common brands, and nowhere near the luxury ones.

They (Honda) better wake up, and they probably eventually will, in a market where everyone is going to direct injection, and turbocharged engines, Honda is still using their "reliable" powerplants, which are phenomenal, but are not innovative.
+1, hopefully the new MDX gets them back on par, we'll see. In 2007 things were pretty comparable, but what's happened since then? Acura hasn't kept up, the refresh only offered a 6 speed, blind spot info, collision mitigation, adaptive cruise and they softened up the active dampers. Big deal, I still have to use a key to get into the car and start it, something I do every time I walk up to the vehicle, how often do I need blind spot info, collision mitigation and adaptive cruise? They drop sport and make it drive "less harsh" in sport mode and now call it an advance package, great, what happened to we tested this thing on the Ring and it handles better then any other SUV back in 2007? What they should have done was updated the SH-AWD system to work in off throttle situations.

I personally don't care about most of the luxury features like my vehicle braking for me and telling me that I can now change lanes, it's how it drives and the tech offered that gets my money.
ND40oz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #18 (permalink)

Funny enuf that the "old" x is still beating out all the "new gens" in other brands.

tolson37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
I personally don't care about most of the luxury features like my vehicle braking for me and telling me that I can now change lanes, it's how it drives and the tech offered that gets my money.
Funny enough, what you just said is the heart and soul of a Honda the way Soichiro Honda envisioned it. True to form this was how every Honda were built in the 90s and to some extend early 2000. Today, a Honda drives like a "meh" and the tech are standard on every other cars. The design direction flip-flop every generation like a lost soul.
cFoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

Honda/Acura quality has also gone to the dogs. I bought one of the first year 2000 MDXs and the quality and style was incredible. Never had an issue with that vehicle. My 2003 & 2009 MDXs have had many small and big issues. Definitelly not what I expected from Honda/Acura, maybe from a Chevy.....
Previous MDX
Casique is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFly View Post
2014 mdx
It looks the same basically with a 2007-9 grill. Are you sure that's it?

Love the wheels though.
Truth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth View Post
It looks the same basically with a 2007-9 grill. Are you sure that's it?

Love the wheels though.
I believe that's what the picture is, I don't think for a second this is the new mdx.....and if it is, they really missed the point of what a redesign means.....

That's the old grille.

wrestrepo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFly View Post
2014 mdx
this picture is from 2005 lol. Second generation prototype.
dzionassi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #24 (permalink)

Photofly's first post. So sad.

boston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casique View Post
Honda/Acura quality has also gone to the dogs. I bought one of the first year 2000 MDXs and the quality and style was incredible. Never had an issue with that vehicle. My 2003 & 2009 MDXs have had many small and big issues. Definitelly not what I expected from Honda/Acura, maybe from a Chevy.....
My 07 MDX Tech has been trouble with one exception from 70k-100k. The battery was weak making the electrical system act odd. My sole repair has been a $100 battery at a truck stop.

The transmission did shutter but Acura fixed that with a TSB patch. The shutter I found out indirectly is what scared PO to sell me the SUV for $19k.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cFoo View Post
Funny enough, what you just said is the heart and soul of a Honda the way Soichiro Honda envisioned it. True to form this was how every Honda were built in the 90s and to some extend early 2000. Today, a Honda drives like a "meh" and the tech are standard on every other cars. The design direction flip-flop every generation like a lost soul.
Quote:

+1 to these statements!

I owned 3 Honda cars:
1 - 1999 Accord V6
2 - 2004 Acura TL
3 - 2008 MDX - my wife's ride

So far I had to replace transmission in cars 1 and 2 and Honda just came out with a software patch for tranny shudder in MDX - I HOPE this helps MDX. MDX had more small and and not so small repairs under 4 year warranty than any other vehicle we owned, even comparing to Chevy

I can not tolerate any more expensive repairs like trannies when I am buying into a "smart/value luxury brand" which is now bland and unreliable

And if the previous 10 years is any indication of a future Honda's direction, I do not expect anything interesting or innovative or even decent looking come from Honda.
I listened to Honda's head designer on youtube and he sounded so full of himself describing what other brands did years before Honda. Its like Honda is living in a complete insulation from competition.
So sad.

BTW, looking at LA autoshow pix today - there is no MDX prototype, but they carried over the beak onto NSX. I guess Acura thinks the beak is the best visual feature of the brand?

Acura’s flagship car: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...uto-show-debut

Like a true flagship sedan, the 2014 RLX is the most powerful, spacious, and technologically advanced Acura sedan, ever.

The car debuts with just a single engine option, a direct-injected 3.5-liter V-6 rated at 310 horsepower and capable of returning a fuel economy of 20/31 mpg city/highway and 24 mpg combined thanks to cylinder deactivation technology. Drive is sent to the front wheels via a six-speed automatic with…..

This is not a description of luxury brand flagship car IMHO
vash68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #27 (permalink)

It seems like most companies are taking a turn for the worst other than American. You think Acura/Honda is bad? Try a BMW, Audi or Mercedes. Those are Luxury cars that cost a fortune that have a ridiculous amount of issues. A friend of mine has a 2012 Q7 and that thing was in the shop with electrical problems 1 month after he bought it new Paid 65K for that thing.
Truth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #28 (permalink)

Come on, remove the blanket and let us see what the car looks like!!!!!

wrestrepo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #29 (permalink)

any specs yet?

Maha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth View Post
It seems like most companies are taking a turn for the worst other than American. You think Acura/Honda is bad? Try a BMW, Audi or Mercedes. Those are Luxury cars that cost a fortune that have a ridiculous amount of issues. A friend of mine has a 2012 Q7 and that thing was in the shop with electrical problems 1 month after he bought it new Paid 65K for that thing.
You probably right - global warming effect?

You can find similar issue if you search this board for 2010 MDX battery problems thread about Acura introducing battery sensor that dealers don't know how to diagnose or fix.
This can happen to any car manufacturer, now including Acura, as the cars get more complex.
Here is that epic thread:
http://www.mdxers.org/forums/74-2007...dx-2010-a.html

I had AWD failed on my MDX and the dealer had to replace O2 sensor in order to fix it, that's a little concerning.

I own BMW 535 now, can't speak for Audi or MB.
You can not compare BMW to Acura cars even if they look very similar on paper.
BMW is built for driving experience and excels at it.
Acuras used to be built for longevity.
I don't know what Acura is targeting today.
vash68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: