Comfortable riding tires for 2012 MDX? - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-01-2013, 01:31 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh22366 View Post
Have a set of the Nokian WRG2's and although I'm a long-time Nokian fan (have them on my Honda Fit and GMC 2500), I'll tell you that they are noisy when worn. Probably because of the open tread design. Also they wear rather quickly.
They are great tires, especially on the MDX, the thing is a tank. I do agree though, they wear quickly, but smooth, quiet tire overall, with good handling on both dry and wet.
88' Volvo 240 - 445,000 mi.
07' Civic Si - Sold
02' Black MDX (totaled by a deer in PA)
Susquehanna University Alumni
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 11:23 PM   #17 (permalink)

Drove a 2013 Base last week and a 2012 slightly used (4k miles) tech package today that had michelins. It is most definitely the tires. My wife and I are cross shopping the MDX with a few competitors and were dissappointed in the ride quality and noise level in the 2013 base model we drove last week. We are glad we went to a different dealer and drove a tech package b/c it confirmed my thoughts on tire difference making a difference. Up till now I've seen all the reviews on the current gen MDX state that it is smooth/quiet/comfortable(for sporty handling) but that first test drive a week ago made me question all that.
If my wife and I go for the base we will definitely be asking the dealer to switch out the tires with a tech equipped vehicle.
Now the only dilemma we are facing is whether to just buckle down and wait for the 2014... though I'm sure I'll have to pay a large premium over the great discounts I'm getting on the current gen.
E90 Skye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

We recently purchased a 2013 Lexus ES300h for my wife. The OEM tires for the ES are either the Michelin Primacy MXV4 or the Bridgestone Turanza EL400. In researching the vehicle, on the Club Lexus forum there is a discussion similar to this one in that the Michelins offer a much smoother ride. Some posters were going so far as to recommend that you require the Michelins be on the vehicle. The vehicle we purchased had the Primacy tires and the ride is smooth. At the local Firestone store when I was getting the 2006 Volvo prepped for sale, I mentioned what I had read and the manager I trade with readily said that the Bridgestone Turanzas are stiffer tires than the Primacy. I did have the Bridgestone Turanza Serentiy Plus tires on the Volvo and they were fine tires.
wasjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #19 (permalink)

I had bridgestone turanza serenity ( lasted 70k). on 2006 camry.

Michelin primacy is so much quieter and give u a little better gas mileage than bridgestone turanza.

2006 Toyota Camry V6. 255,000 Miles.
mmm666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyork326 View Post
You should take the car back to Acura and complain... There is a known problem with the 2012 MDX's and the ****ty ride quality and "shaking" problem. I am going thru the problem now.
I am very interested to hear of the shaking problem you are experiencing. I too have issues that Acura is turning a blind eye to. Can you please explain what is going on with your car so I can compare notes. Thanks.
CT2012MDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

I have the Michelin Cross Terrains on my 2002 and I think the ride is great...it's not as smooth as my Lexus GS (Bridgestone Turanza Serenity) , but it's not supposed to be either.
PTC DAWG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtglok View Post
Toyo Versado CUV

My previous ride, '10 RX350 came with HL400s, which I replaced with the above after 16,000 miles. I just could not stand the ride of Bridgestones. I absolutely LOVED Toyos, and when the time comes to replace the tires on MDX, these are on top of my list.
I'm replacingmy tires with the toyo versado's. I 've heard nothing but great things about these tires.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #23 (permalink)

Can any share their experience with the 2012 MDX vibration issues or shaking problems. I bought a 2012 model in September and immediately felt the vibration in the seat while diving. Acura seems to want to convince me that the ride is "normal". Although I think they have no idea on how to fix the problem.
CT2012MDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: