New Member - NJ - 2013 MDX Base - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

New Member - NJ - 2013 MDX Base

Hi All,

Joined the forums when shopping for my new MDX which turned out to be a huge plus. The information I gained here about pricing, incentives, etc. saved me quite a bit.

My wife and I took delivery of a new 2013 Base MDX on Monday and so far could not be happier. First new car I have purchased in a long time, but with the incentives it was hard to pass up going new over pre-owned.

Grigio / Ebony it's parked in the garage now. Need to take an hour and get the car seats for the little ones installed.

Next on the list are some accessories. Definitely want the running boards, and from looking over the threads on the site. For a family with small kids (my oldest is 2), it seems small kids favor the Advance running boards for ease of getting in and out of the vehicle. Right now I will be putting him in obviously but by the time he is 3-4 I am sure he will be climbing in himself.
I think I will DIY the boards, seems easy enough. Roof rails though seem more complex, not sure I'd want to screw those up.

Does everyone primarily go with the Acura racks? Or has anyone gone with like a nice Thule rack instead? I am assuming regardless I will need the Acura rails and crossbars, but then I could go with a Thule rack which would connect to that.

Aside from these upgrades, I will look into some sort of clear bra and maybe a set of summer wheels although I have plenty of time.

Pics to follow....
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Congrats. The advance boards are a great choice. My daughter is 2.5 and can use them to get into the car..
tk76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Congrats on the purchase. I also have two little ones and decided to get the advance boards over the sport (my favorite looking ones).
You can probably get a Thule set to put directly on the roof (crossbars), or go with rails and crossbars from Acura. You probably will save a few bucks with Thule, but not sure it will be a huge difference. As far as installation, people have done it and it just requires you to measure twice before you cut pieces. If you are at all handy it shouldn't be too difficult.
I think that both Thule and OEM will look great, so whatever floats your boat.

Welcome to the club

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
wrestrepo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys, my wife prefers the Advance board look as well so I guess that's the way to go.
Was looking at other options such as Aires or Romix as well, but seems a majority stay with OEM.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: