New FL member - '12 MDX Tech - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

New FL member - '12 MDX Tech

Happy new year!

yesterday we took advantage of the 0.9% and year end deals and bought a new '12 MDX Tech, with tow package, Grigio on black. My wife had wanted one for a while and we finally traded in our '11 4runner.

We've got a '04 TSX that is my daily driver, so we are officially an Acura family now.

i've got a few questions, and wasn't sure if i should post here, but here it goes:

-Is there a preferred all weather floor mat? I had husky floor liners in the 4runner, and they held up great, but shifted too much for my liking, so dirt/sand ended up getting under the edges. I'm thinking weathertech, but they are expensive.

-how well does the folding cargo mat work? i'd like coverage with the 3rd row down, since we won't use it alot, but want the ease of use if we have to.

-for those with a child seat in the back, how do you protect the leather where the top LATCH strap goes over (it pinches and folds the leather).

-where is a good place to buy the sport running boards?

-anything i should be aware of or look out for?

thanks! i know i'm asking a lot in my first post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

I guess i put everyone off with this post. I'll repost in the 07+ forum.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Tetris Champion

Send a message via AIM to Hodog16
Congratulations and welcome!

-You'll find people either use the Acura OEM all weather floor mat or a weathertech mat. I've had the OEM ones since day 1 and haven't had any problems. I think if you use the third row this may be a factor as the OEM version only includes mats for the first two rows.

-Don't have the folding cargo mat but wish I did.

-I assume you mean the tether strap that goes over the seat into the cargo area for a front facing seat? I don't protect the seat but then again my vehicle is much older than yours . I use Lionheart seat protectors under the base of the seat but don't know if anybody makes anything for the seat backs. I guess a thin towel may help.

-I'd buy any Acura accessory from Tim at www.oemacuraparts.com . Great guy to deal with.

-I don't know much about the details but I know a lot of 2010+ owners had issues with battery life. Hopefully others can fill in more details.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

thanks 'dog. good info.

nice MDX by the way.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Added sport running board only 5 days later. they make such a big difference in the overall apperance. I love it.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hello Mtbnole, I've purchased weathertech floor Matt's and I've been very happy. They provide good protection all year. I don't have the folding cargo tray, it would make life easy though.
To protect the seats I just use a towel inplqce under the baby seat and a clothe to protect the leather from the seat strap so that it doesn't pinch or create a Crees.
I haven't had any issues with my 2008 x, I find the car to be an excellent ride, very spacious and lots of power. Enjoy your new X.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: