Anyone tried Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires? - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

I notice that few people replace the Michelin Cross Terrains with Cross Terrains. I bought used and it came with Cross Terrains. I am guessing they were the factory tire for the 1st gens.

I have never had the opportunity to replace all the tires at once, I keep damaging one at a time to the point where the tread depths are all different. Now I have two pairs on different replacement schedules. Tread depth affects front alignment slightly if there is a large difference side to side, but not front to back.

The door sticker specifies 32 psi all around, but both dealers I go to, in PA and KY, put 34 all around.

@dbpaddler, don't take responses personally. Nobody on this forum will ever impugn your opinion, character or abilities, but in some cases it might seem so because of sentence structure or semantics.

Rest assured that we are all here to help each other get the best out of our common vehicle, one that, it seems to me, we all love the sh** out of it and are not envious of another.

As a professed dumass, I am thankful for as many different opinions as I can get my hands on.

Call Tim Poliniak for Acura parts 1-866-347-8355
kghjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #17 (permalink)

Update

Went with the Goodyear ComforTreads - they are now higher rated that the Michelins and I am amazed at the comfort as well as traction they provide. The truck rides almost like a car now and handles much better. The tires were not cheap, but they were worth it.
doug_999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
dj5

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightMDX View Post
I got the Bridgestones Dueler Alenza. Great in Chicago snow, like today!
I just had DiscountTires pull off a set of Bridgestone Alenzas off my wifes ride. They were great at first but after 33k miles they became so noisey that we just couldn't stand them any more. They still had over 50% tread life reamining but we decided to replace them with a set of Michelin LTX M/S 2.

After my experience with the Alenzas, I could not recommend them.
dj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #19 (permalink)

Has anyone tried Michelin LTX AT2's on their X yet? I am sure they are great in the M&S and rain but I am more concerned with the noise.

I don't want to make a $894 mistake and have to hear the wife complaining about them for 50,000 miles or so.

I can get them for $894 out the door with road hazard, free rotations, and a free 4 wheel alignment. Not too bad, I think, considering they are $194 ea. at tirerack currently w/o shipping and $207 ea. at discountire w/o shipping.

Anyone have any recommendations for a "good" lower tier tire. I am thinking something in the $650 to $750 range.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #20 (permalink)

I am a Michelin fan. The Ltx has one feature that greatly exceeds the others. Tread life. I'm 40k into a set and there is enough. Tread to last close to twice that number.
boston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

I've had the MXV4's and they have been great even in the rain. Noise is minimal and grip is predictable. Had them for 2 years now and they are wearing normal, so that's a good sign so far.
tempo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #22 (permalink)

Guys, I am replacing my tires. I currently have some cheap "Radar" brand the dealership put on when I purchased the vehicle. I have tried gamet of tires and in my own personal experience, Michelins are best and I've had the least trouble with them. My generic tires had plenty of tread but now is leaking air on one tire. Aso my car shakes at high speeds. I've tried balancing, rotating, alignment, etc...even the dealership was stumped because it had plenty of tread. They started asking me "well, did you run over"...I stopped them right there. No my rims are not bent. I knew all along the problem was cheap tires so finally I am replacing all 4 tires.

I called costco, guy said I can put on either the Michelin primacy mxv4 or Michelin latitude(oem). I think they were 168ea for primacy and 177 for latitude. Costco Out the door price of 668(primacy) or 715(latitude). This includes the 70 instant credit from michelin. Costco guy recommended the latitude over primacy because he said that primacy are made for sedans where latitude is made for suv's.

Seems like a good deal to me. Any comments regarding latitude over the primacy?
dc1225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #23 (permalink)

I have had Michelin Primacy mxv4s on for about 10,000 miles now and like them very much. They are quiet, ride smooth, handle ok and are wearing well. Most of my travel is highway with light load.
Twinturbofan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinturbofan View Post
I have had Michelin Primacy mxv4s on for about 10,000 miles now and like them very much. They are quiet, ride smooth, handle ok and are wearing well. Most of my travel is highway with light load.
I ended up getting the latitude. I just didn't like the fact that on the specs it said for passenger vehicles. So far I like them very much. Just like you mentioned. But I am coming from generic tires so for what it's worth. Costco 735 out the door w nitrogen.

As soon as I put these tires on the steering wheel shakes and alignment issues fixed itself. Can't believe how quiet these are. Now I can really hear the torque converter whistle!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
KRE

I put the Michelin Primacy MXV4 on my 2002 just a week ago. Much smoother riding than the old Goodyear tires. Quieter as well. Tried them today in the snow (only a couple of inches) and the traction was good. Happy with them. $152.00 each with $15.00 mount and balance at Tire Rack

Keith
KRE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
KRE

Update

Tried them in 8" of snow with no problems.

Keith
KRE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #27 (permalink)

How are the Michelin Latitude Tour's doing after a few miles?

My 03 is about finished with it's second set of Cross Terrains. The OEM set lasted 60K and the current set is at 45Kish. I am not down to the bars but the LF has a larger than safe crack in the tread and needs to be replaced. The tires are at 4/32's right now. These tires were great for the highway and occasional snow and ice and I am bummed that I cannot get them anymore. I noticed some wandering at speed on a recent trip down I95 and discovered the crack. Discount will warranty the one under roadhazard but not the other three. I will get a slight discount for the mileage pro-rate.

Discount is recommending the Latitude Tour or the Primacy. I am leaning towards the Tour since it is an SUV(ish) tire. I really prefer Michelins as I have had good luck with them over the years.

Anyone here to help me make my decision easier? LOL
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
How are the Michelin Latitude Tour's doing after a few miles?

My 03 is about finished with it's second set of Cross Terrains. The OEM set lasted 60K and the current set is at 45Kish. I am not down to the bars but the LF has a larger than safe crack in the tread and needs to be replaced. The tires are at 4/32's right now. These tires were great for the highway and occasional snow and ice and I am bummed that I cannot get them anymore. I noticed some wandering at speed on a recent trip down I95 and discovered the crack. Discount will warranty the one under roadhazard but not the other three. I will get a slight discount for the mileage pro-rate.

Discount is recommending the Latitude Tour or the Primacy. I am leaning towards the Tour since it is an SUV(ish) tire. I really prefer Michelins as I have had good luck with them over the years.

Anyone here to help me make my decision easier? LOL
I was in the same boat and I went with latitude. It does seem a bit more noisy than normal michelins but its been good so far.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #29 (permalink)

Argh. They sold me the Latitude Tour but I noticed that they installed the HP version. It does not match the paperwork and the mileage warranty is less. Granted the HP is more expensive but it seems the reviews favor the regular tour and not the HP.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #30 (permalink)

A few comments on the Primacy MXV4's. I ran a set on my '07 Ford Freestyle AWD for about 40k miles. Probably the smoothest tire I've ever run - handled wet and dry extremely well. I never really gave them a chance in the winter, since I ran dedicated snow tires on the vehicle. But I did run through a couple of early spring storms a couple years ago and they did okay, although in deeper snow I'm not sure they'd be up to par.

The Latitude tread design, while a bit more aggressive than the MXV4's, isn't necessarily something I'd want to run all winter up here. They're similar to the tread pattern on the Bridgestone's that came on the MDX I'm running now. The did decent during the couple storms we had this winter, but after wearing a bit I'm not sure I'd go with them through another season.

My options are twofold. I either run a more agressive all-season tire - like the Nokian WR G2 SUV - or pick up a set of winter rims and run a set of Nokian Hakka R's, and then keep running the bridgestones during the other 3 seasons. Will have to decide that before winter...

andy

Current Rides:
2012 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech - Wife's, 13k miles, White
2013 Acura MDX Base - Mine, 10k miles, also White
2012 Honda Civic LX coupe - Oldest son, out on his own, 22k miles

Previous Honda/Acura family vehicles:
2006 Honda Pilot LX AWD
2005 Honda Accord LX
2004 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
1996 Acura RL
1993 Acura Legend L
1991 Acura Integra GS coupe
1990 Acura Integra LS sedan
andysinnh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: