Looking for input on Pirelli Verde A/S 255/55R18 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Looking for input on Pirelli Verde A/S 255/55R18

I plan to replace my OEM Bridgestone Dueler H/L400 that has over 42k miles. I noticed that some forum members have the Pirelli Verde A/S 255/55R18 on their MDX. However, the long term feedback has been minimal. I'd appreciated any input on these tires based on personal experience.
TwoTwo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Am in the tire market, too. Wife's MDX is up for tires this spring probably, certainly by this summer at the latest.

Am split between going with Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S or staying with OEM Michelin Latitude Tour.

I can vouch for the Michelins. Great tire in my (wife's) case. Just cracked 50K miles on them, and probably got another easy 5K miles before the wear bars start to even think about showing. Still running quiet too. Wore even the whole way, all four of them. Again, great tire. If I had to nitpick, they ride a touch too soft for my taste (Tech model here; not Advanced). Would go with a higher speed and/or load rating if I choose to stick with the OEM Michelins to help stiffen up the ride.

Am looking to save a few $$ on the Pirellis, but will likely spend the extra $$ and stick with the Michelins if I sense any worries in changing brands.
2006 Pontiac GTO Phantom Black Metallic (Mine) Long Gone!
argus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Tetris Champion

Send a message via AIM to Hodog16

Back in high school/college I drove a 1996 Maxima that came with mushy OEM tires (can't remember the model now). I read an article in one of the car magazines that mentioned changing the tires to a certain model of Pirelli's which I did--and the difference was amazing. I've been a big Pirelli fan ever since.

I've had them long enough to need 3 tire rotations and haven't had an issue with them so far. I did like the OEM Michelins and considered getting another set, but as the Pirellis were cheaper it was a no-brainer for me. Got them from Discount Tire.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well I wore mine out in under 2 years (running summers only as I have separate winter tires on rims). They got 30,000 miles and the treadwear warranty was not applicable as I rotated them myself. I am not happy with them. My Blizzaks are lasting longer! Next I plan to try Bridgestone Ecopia HL422.
c3uo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

I got the set yesterday from Discount Tire. They're running the $100 rebate in visa gift card until 2/28. Based on preliminary driving, it felt a little stiffer ride compared to the Bridgestone. Not a bad thing. It also felt more responsive and reduced rolling resistance. I'm looking forward to driving around more in it under various road conditions. I'm curious to see if I'll get more mpg with these tires.
TwoTwo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've been running these for about 6 months now, a bit longer. Did well during the winter, no noticeable difference in the snow/ice from the OEM latitudes that I could tell.

I believe the ride is a bit quieter at freeway speeds, but that could also be going from worn out tires to new. Cornering is a bit better, but again that could be for the same reason.

Overall I'm very happy with them, got a good deal, and as long as they last a decent amount of time I'll be quite pleased. I don't put too many miles on my vehicles, so I expect them to last 3-4 years or I'll be disappointed.

Last edited by Phil21; 06-03-2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Phil21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: