Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

my new 2010 mdx advance!

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  wrestrepo 
#1 ·
Hi All, new to the forum. Attached a picture of my new (to me) MDX Advance. Just ordered some of the sport running boards to complete the look, hopefully will have some time to install them this weekend. Otherwise jumping into a fresh set of fluids and filters to start my maintenance/service schedule. Looking forward to contributing to the community!

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Would you mind giving the specifics of your purchase?

Mileage?
Price?

Thanks!
50k miles, Advance package, towing packing, navigation, polish metallic on ebony leather. Pretty much every option they had on the 2010 model except the entertainment package. You can get Tech packages for a bit less, but I really wanted the 19" wheels, and I liked the interior design changes on the Advance (the blind spot detection, suspension, and A/C seats are also a nice touch).

Paid 31k even for it. Everyone can opine if that was a good deal or not. :)

#7 ·
Nice!! I have the same one. Love it. By far, favorite vehicle I have ever owned or driven. Going to buy it off lease in September. One thing I would suggest is to add the body side molding. It really looks nice but also functional. I had someone swing their door open into my door. Luckily it hit the molding, which is a cheap $100 piece. If it were to hit the door itself, I would have been looking at a whole lot more to repair it.

I am also considering running boards, as well as a roof rack. I am still researching to see what people think who have added either of them. I am a little worried about wind noise from the roof rack.

Also, you say that you ordered the sport running boards. I am debating on the sport or the advance. Was there a reason that you went with the sport ones? Personal preference, looks? I am just wondering because I have read some people complaining about the advance ones, and some sort of buckling of the plastic.

#8 ·
Nice!! I have the same one. Love it. By far, favorite vehicle I have ever owned or driven. Going to buy it off lease in September. One thing I would suggest is to add the body side molding. It really looks nice but also functional. I had someone swing their door open into my door. Luckily it hit the molding, which is a cheap $100 piece. If it were to hit the door itself, I would have been looking at a whole lot more to repair it.

I am also considering running boards, as well as a roof rack. I am still researching to see what people think who have added either of them. I am a little worried about wind noise from the roof rack.

Also, you say that you ordered the sport running boards. I am debating on the sport or the advance. Was there a reason that you went with the sport ones? Personal preference, looks? I am just wondering because I have read some people complaining about the advance ones, and some sort of buckling of the plastic.
Thanks, I love it as well, so much technology, comfortable, and love the suspension adjustability. I don't have much need for a roof rack and they chrome one gets pretty pricey once you add the cross bars, I do carry bikes but they usually go in the back covered or I use a Thule hitch mounted platform rack (if you carry bikes this is by far the best rack I've ever owned). On the running boards I simply like the look of the Sport better than the other options, plus if you have ever actually used running boards before you need to take into account the "un-usable" ones like the Sport (they're for looks) because if you get ones that stick out too far you end up scraping your jeans/dress, etc. on them and they get dirty. The MDX really isn't tall enough to warrant the true use of running boards.

#11 ·
Without reading the previous comments, I have black roof rack and bar in mine, I like that better than the super ones, not only are they adjustable front to back, which the silver are not, they also look better IMO. I got a hitch rack for the bikes, I didn't feel like trying to put a bike on the roof and not scratching the car. I also have a roof box for crap overflow on long trips.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.