ATLP J-pipe for 07-09 MDX - Page 3 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
post #31 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 12:39 PM

Re: ATLP J-pipe for 07-09 MDX

I am very interested in a pre-order. As long as I don't get screwed out of $1400.00 like I did for a prototype set of full length headers for my Eclipse. Worst group buy ever...

If the price is fair, and we could get some sort of guarantee of our money in case this doesn't hit production ... I'm in.

-D.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Hmm, the only guarantee I have is a long track record of successful buys and happy customers. We only had one go south and it was more of an emotional problem for the participants than a financial one. You should feel secure.

The j-pipe will likely be around $439.

Of course there will be a discount for those looking for both.

Baseline dyno appointment set for Wed at 9:30 AM!

www.heeltoeauto.com
post #33 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwillis27 View Post
Can you post the dyno numbers, cost, and sound clip
That is for sure the plan.

Here is a taster...before edit.

ATLP Pre-Production 07-09 MDX Sound Run - YouTube

The water = condensation and I just washed it.

The discoloration = pre-production part not perfectly finished

The sound = awesome

www.heeltoeauto.com
post #34 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Super Senior Member

Sounds really raspy or is that just the wind?

08 X Sport/Ent -- Sterling Gray/Ebony
03 X Touring/RES -- Taffeta White/Saddle

02 Honda S2000 -- Berlina Black/Black
99 Acura RL -- Naples Gold Metallic/Parchment
12 Toyota Avalon Limited
12 Toyota Highlander V6
post #35 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe View Post
Hmm, the only guarantee I have is a long track record of successful buys and happy customers. We only had one go south and it was more of an emotional problem for the participants than a financial one. You should feel secure.

Sound is damn perfect. I'm pretty much sold

When you say discount for both, is it safe to assume you mean the J-pipe, and Twin-Tip muffler project?

If so, mark me down for both

-D.

post #36 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 05:04 PM

Forgot to ask..

How does this integrate with the mid-muffler cut-out?

I'm planning on cutting mine out soon to replace with 2.5", and I was planing on removal of the 3rd Cat as well. However by the pictures you posted, it appears this will take care of the Cat as well?

-D.

post #37 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quick Warning to All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe View Post

While this J Pipe part is certainly interesting and has interest among the forum users, "MrHeeltoe" is not a sanctioned vendor of the forum, nor has this user been verified by any means other than what has been posted. As far as the forum is concerned, if you choose to do business with this user, that is your conscious choice with no implied verification from the forum.

On a personal note, I (not the forum owners) am quite skeptical of the above answer I quoted. The reason is based on a few posts earlier, where the user needed a Dyno facility recommendation for this part. If I were in the "business" as this user eludes to above, I would have already had this partnership and not needed a recommended facility that he was not aware of in his own backyard. Strikes me as odd, you decide if its plausible.

With that said, I continue to watch with interest as this thread develops,

Randy B

**Sold**2007 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment Dark Cherry Pearl with Parchment, body side moldings, valley trailer hitch w/factory wiring harness, rear backup sensors, black running boards, leather/wood shift knob without perforated leather, wheel locks, Husky floor liners, day/night mirror with compass, fender flares, cargo cover.
post #38 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy B View Post
While this J Pipe part is certainly interesting and has interest among the forum users, "MrHeeltoe" is not a sanctioned vendor of the forum, nor has this user been verified by any means other than what has been posted. As far as the forum is concerned, if you choose to do business with this user, that is your conscious choice with no implied verification from the forum.

On a personal note, I (not the forum owners) am quite skeptical of the above answer I quoted. The reason is based on a few posts earlier, where the user needed a Dyno facility recommendation for this part. If I were in the "business" as this user eludes to above, I would have already had this partnership and not needed a recommended facility that he was not aware of in his own backyard. Strikes me as odd, you decide if its plausible.

With that said, I continue to watch with interest as this thread develops,

Randy B
Randy, thanks for your input on this, and its definitely a point I will consider in my decision to place an order.

-D.

post #39 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Randy I am happy to become a vendor as may be needed to pursue sales here. As of right now NOTHING is offered for sale and we are accepting no payments from members for anything.

Regarding the dyno facility issue I totally understand the concern and this is very perceptive of you. What you don't realize is that I have moved recently from Southern California to Portland, Oregon. I had two or three shops I worked with there for dynos and in fact already got a baseline at one of them before moving. I soon realized after moving knew of none here! We found a very nice one and will be there in 2 days

www.heeltoeauto.com
post #40 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Super Senior Member

Subscribed for updates. People have been waiting a long time for this.

"Fair enough. Now I drive real f...ing fast, so keep up. I get my Acura back any differently than when I gave it, Monster Joe's gonna be disposing of two bodies." -- Winston Wolf
post #41 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Alright, the J-pipe's on and I am off to Socal again for a week. When I get back she should be well able to handle another dyno session and hoping we see a nice gain.

www.heeltoeauto.com
post #42 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 11:17 PM

Thanks Marcus for my ATLP test pipe

"Do or do not there is no try"-Yoda- Master Jedi!
04' Acura MDX (Maxine) Silver:RV6 Pre-Cat deletes, ATLP test pipe-3rd cat delete, Jet Performance chip upgrade, Helix throttle body spacer, AFE custom air intake, JLC retrofit lighting, Cree 50W LED exterior bulbs, 22" Helo Diablo wheels, Flo-Pro Exhaust, Bosch platinum IR4 spark plugs, Sony stereo system, 12" Alpine Subwoofer w/700 watt amp, DDM tuning interior LED bulbs.
07' Honda Ridgeline (Ridgina) Silver
01' Honda RC51
post #43 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 12:49 PM

marcus, would the test pipe you guys have for the TL fit the 3rd cat section on my 07 MDX? If not when will you guys have this part available?

Rooster

07 MDX sport with ADS to base conversion- Wife's daily driver
05 G35 Sedan- Daily driver
07 Triumph Tiger - sport touring canyon carver
post #44 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

All: please refrain from reputation representation for the OP. The OP has agreed that he is not offering anything for sale at this point and is not a site vendor. This thread is about development of a part and the associated results, not sales at this point. I and many others would very much like to keep the thread open within these parameters.

Thanks,
Randy B

**Sold**2007 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment Dark Cherry Pearl with Parchment, body side moldings, valley trailer hitch w/factory wiring harness, rear backup sensors, black running boards, leather/wood shift knob without perforated leather, wheel locks, Husky floor liners, day/night mirror with compass, fender flares, cargo cover.
post #45 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Dyno scheduled for this Thursday to see what sorta gains the j-pipe yielded. The car just got done with a 2200 mile jaunt from Portland back to OC then home again. Had a trailer with a motorcycle in tow for the return trip. Was getting about 13 mpg in the grades and about 17.5 on the flats. Not sure how good that is, but seems respectable.

www.heeltoeauto.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: