Help me diagnose my squeak! - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
JRB

Help me diagnose my squeak!

My 2010 Advance has developed an irritating squeak from the left side of the vehicle. It only squeaks when driven over bumps and other road irregularities, like dips and railroad tracks. The sound is short and high-pitched, almost like a bird chirp. Had my dealer try to find the cause, and after an hour and a half, at a cost of $142, I had them stop, figuring there was no guarantee they would ever locate the source. They are keeping a record of everything they checked, in case I want to have them try again.

Thought I would ask here in case any 2nd Generation owners have experienced something similar. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 08:24 AM

I've not had this on my MDX but I had an identical problem with my Pathfinder. After spending tons of time looking at suspension, etc. I discovered it was the hood latch. I put a piece of electrical tape around the striker bolt and never heard the sound again. While this may not be the problem on the MDX, it's essentially free to try. Also consider anything else that can move about like that. Could be any number of things rubbing together....bumper/fender, headlight, grill, etc. Hoods can move around quite a bit so that's a good start. Good luck.

'12 MDX Tech
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:33 AM

Garage
It really sound suspension related? I have lifetime alignment with Firestone and they usually notify me of issues way before I feel them on the road. They let me know about my TSX (rear camber kit, front upper control arm) and RDX (front camber) before I started getting wear on my tires and I had plenty of time to fix. Acura will just throw replacement parts at the problem.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 10:15 AM

Sounds like what I had with my 11 Advance. I have the AcuraCare extended warranty, so the dealer replaced the left side shocks under the warranty. I don't know if they knew that was the issue, or if they just tried it since it was covered by warranty, but I no longer have the squeak going over bumps/railroad tracks/etc. They alleged that the shocks would have been about $800 each outside warranty.

2011 MDX Advance, Aspen White Pearl/Umber
2013 Lexus ES300h
2000 Chevy Silverado 2500
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:20 PM

on the left side of the radio there is a knob if u turn the knob to the right a little it will make the squeak go away if it doesnt work at first then turn it a little more i think its called a volume knob works wonders with little pesky noises
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
JRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by houg View Post
on the left side of the radio there is a knob if u turn the knob to the right a little it will make the squeak go away if it doesnt work at first then turn it a little more i think its called a volume knob works wonders with little pesky noises
Genius! Why didn't I think of that?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
JRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny2 View Post
I've not had this on my MDX but I had an identical problem with my Pathfinder. After spending tons of time looking at suspension, etc. I discovered it was the hood latch. I put a piece of electrical tape around the striker bolt and never heard the sound again. While this may not be the problem on the MDX, it's essentially free to try. Also consider anything else that can move about like that. Could be any number of things rubbing together....bumper/fender, headlight, grill, etc. Hoods can move around quite a bit so that's a good start. Good luck.
Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck with the hood - it closes and stays very tight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: