Laid to rest my 2008 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
kgb

Laid to rest my 2008

Was driving home a few days ago, in a far left lane, slowly rolling to the the red traffic light. There was only one other car on a road, waiting by the same intersection for the green light. The light then turned green, I started to accelerate and suddenly the other car -that was on the right of me- decided to make a sharp LEFT turn right into my path... I had nowhere to go, it was in front of me may be in 5-6 feet... Poor Corolla sustained heavy damage, hit in a drivers rear side, almost split in half. My front end damage: both fenders, hood, grill, bumper, lower lights....
Got a word from the insurance company today- total loss.....
Was a perfectly good vehicle that never gave me any troubles. I am so sad now. waiting for the final numbers from the insurance adjuster, don't know yet how much they are going to offer...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	289
Size:	950.5 KB
ID:	90738  

2008 Acura MDX Tech.
Aspen White Pearl - laid to rest March 6,2017 at 9:10pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 03:23 PM

Man that doesn´t look like a total loss to me, Insurance Companies are sure drama queens but I reckon that if the Air Bags Deployed? That is more likely the reason to total it.

2G MDX Tech & Entert // Sport Running Board // F&R Fender Garnish // Wheel Locks // K&N Filter making a billion horsepower...
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 03:27 PM

The way you described it, it seems the Acura won that fight haha. I have a 08 mdx also, it's been a great vehicle so far. I'm glad there was no injuries. Are you gonna continue on with another mdx?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 05:43 PM

perfectly great vehicle lost all due to someone who likely shouldn't be driving- hope you can sue that reckless driver!!!

i'm not the fighting type- but if that happened to my X- i'd likely be torn between celebrating (for all the headaches my 2nd gen MDX had given me during some tough periods) or 'throwing the hands' (figuratively speaking of course- for all the times this car has been incredibly reliable!!!)?

2009 MDX
Tech Pkg
Bali Blue Pearl
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 06:31 PM

This sounds like the same scenario that happened to my daughter. She was in the left turn lane waiting on the light, when it changed the car next to her tried to make a left in front of her. She hit the driver's door of the other car with her right front. Not sure what some people are thinking....

Acura MDX
Audi S4
Honda Pilot
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 07:00 PM

You should buy the car back and I think this is an easy repair. BTW, what is the mileage?
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
kgb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeyes onfood11 View Post
The way you described it, it seems the Acura won that fight haha. I have a 08 mdx also, it's been a great vehicle so far. I'm glad there was no injuries. Are you gonna continue on with another mdx?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Yes Acura did win the fight but lost the war.... Here is a picture of another vehicle:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	913.1 KB
ID:	90778  

2008 Acura MDX Tech.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
kgb

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqzj View Post
You should buy the car back and I think this is an easy repair. BTW, what is the mileage?
My MDX had 85,000 miles on it - around 135,000KM. The REPAIRES are mostly cosmetic but it needs new fenders, hood, front grill and bumper and few lights. There could possibly be some other minor things like window washer fluid tank that needs to be replaced. Buddy of mine estimated the REPAIRES to be around $10-$12K at the body shop.
The similar cars like mine are sold here for around $15-20K , the black book value is between $9 and $13K. I'm not getting it back....

2008 Acura MDX Tech.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 09:37 AM

Assuming no frame damage or suspension damage, you could technically get all parts used in your color on eBay for ~$1500 if you're resourceful and patient and bolt it up yourself. Of course not everyone has the time/skills/inclination. That's another story.

Did you find out how much the buy back price is? I'm sure there are '10+ peeps that want the motor.

Btw, dibs on the HFL module. LOL!

Either way, glad everyone is ok.

Good Luck!
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 09:56 AM

I'm glad you walked away with no injury. Time to go shopping for a new and shiny MDX.

17 ACURA MDX WHITE DIAMOND w/ESPRESSO ADV/ENT
14 ACURA MDX WHITE DIAMOND ADV/ENT (lease ended)
11 ACURA MDX POLISHED METAL TECH/ENT (lease ended)
07 ACURA MDX STEEL BLUE TECH/ENT (lease ended)
04 BMW 530I AMETHYST GRAY
03 ACURA MDX BLACK NAVI/RES (lease ended)
94 ACURA INTEGRA BLACK
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 03:08 PM

Sounds like you should have had a dash cam.
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
kgb

Police and insurance comp have no doubt who is at fault here. Dash cam wouldn't do much here but it is nice to have for sure.
I have heard today from the adjuster and was able to negotiate the buy out amount and will be paid $21,000. It is a good deal since cost of vehicles like mine were selling for 15-20K.
Now I'm starting to look for a new vehicle. Let the fun begin!

2008 Acura MDX Tech.
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 08:23 PM

21? Holy ****!... I paid 9K for my Tech + RES 2007 Clean Title with 72K on the ODO.. Now I have 93K on it... I wonder how much I would get...

2G MDX Tech & Entert // Sport Running Board // F&R Fender Garnish // Wheel Locks // K&N Filter making a billion horsepower...
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 10:01 AM

$21k? You def made out like a bandit. What insurance company is willing to pay this if you don't mind me asking?

Time to hit a tree... Lol
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 10:36 AM

Keep in mind that the OP is in Canada. We pay thousands more in Canada for an MDX made in Canada than you do in the US. (I realize that they are not made in Canada any more.)

Grant Wilkinson
Ottawa ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: