Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

MDX Groaning Sound Help

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DallasJr66 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 MDX with just over 56000 miles on the ODO - over the last couple of weeks it will after the engine warms up will make a groaning sound when I press the accelerator and/or turn the wheel left or right...not sure exactly what is causing this sound...any help would be very appreciated...thanks!!!!

#2 ·
#3 ·
If it makes the sound while parked (just turning steering wheel or revving engine) you should be able to locate where the sound is coming from. I'd be suspicious of the power steering pump just based on your description. Honda has has issues with power steering pumps in last 10 years or so for some reason.

#4 ·
Help!!

yes, the sound was only when the engine heated up but now it's when it's sitting idle it will make the same groaning sound...and even more so when i turn the wheel...is this something that is covered under warranty? Can this be fixed myself? Is it dangerous to drive? thanks again for any/all help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.