Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Sound of horn when locking

7K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  skirmich 
#1 ·
Today, a fellow 2nd Gen MDX owner parked right next to me and when she walked away and locked the car, I heard a confirmation from the vehicle's horn not the weak beep mine does after pressing the lock button twice.

How was that accomplished? Is that a setting that needs to be changed?

#2 ·
Nope no setting to change.. Probably a 3rd party immobilizer/remote start system was installed.
Why would you want a horrible horn confirmation? Acura gave us that small beep that always made my friends jealous, they want the Beep in their cars instead of the now Generic Sounding horn they think is way more luxurious for some reason? I always laugh and say, Dude that beep is even on the Civics...

#3 ·
As mentioned, it's probably some sort of aftermarket alarm. The only options from the factory is that the confirmation beep can be turned on/off. No volume control.

Many other brands allow you to adjust the volume of the beeps (toyota/lexus for example), but first thing I do is turn it to the lowest setting. If you really like the annoying loud-arse horn honk feature, I recommend a GM product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.