Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

How to install a strapeless battery?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  delirium330 
#1 ·
To my surprise, the Interstate battery I got from Costco does not have a strap on top. It requires a pair of eagle claws to hold on to the edge of the battery and somehow be able to brush aside the terminals to put the battery in. This is too hard for me. Anybody has a good trick for it? Thanks a lot in advance!

#3 ·
It is not about clamp. Look at this picture. The battery has a strap/handle, which allows people to easily hold the battery and drop it in. But the one from Costco does not have the strap. It is VERY hard to do battery change single-handedly by brutal force.

Attachments

#4 ·
Awww I see..
What about using 2 cords?
Tie the first cord horizontally and then the 2nd cord vertically that way you can cross the 2 cords and have something to grab on.. Then when the battery is in place just cut the cords and slide them beneath the battery? Removing the battery will be the PITA later on hahah.

#7 ·
Dunno, I got the same Costco battery and I don't remember it being difficult to swap out. Then again, I'm used to replacing BMW batteries that are twice the size and weight.

#8 ·
My dad had one of these when I was a kid. Basically, it's a leather strap with a metal plate on each end. The metal plate has a hole in it which slips over the battery terminal. When you lift the battery, the metal plate slides up at an angle on the post, which clamps it in place. Real simple answer to your problem.

https://www.amazon.com/K-D-Tools-Battery-Carrying-Strap/dp/B000CO9NTI

#9 ·
I was surprised to read this thread, I have the exact same Interstate battery from Costco and I don't recall it being difficult or needing anything special to install. Seemed like there was more than enough space to just grab the sides near the top and drop it in.

Separately, I debated going AGM due to the amount of gadgets that pull from the battery, but wanted to give this battery a try first. So far so good after one year, though I am due to check its capacity now that it has been a year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.