Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Forget the plasti-dip...

9K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Ironman51662 
#1 ·
So I plasti-dipped my grill last summer, came out great but 1 year later I started seeing some holes and it started peeling... So this year I tried something different... Check out my color matched grill... It came out great and I'm happy with the investment.

Vehicle Car Headlamp Grille Bumper

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#4 ·
Assuming he painted the grille body color instead of just plastidip.

Looks great, very clean appearance!

#8 ·
Looks great. Painting > Vinyl wrap > plastidip

#9 ·
Does the facelifted grille have a similar foil wrapper as the pre-facelift ones? Or were you able to just plastidip/paint the grille as-is?

The top section of my pre-facelift grille was getting bubbly, so I peeled the foil off just the top, and plasti-dipped both sections black. I've already had to touch it up a few times though after peeling dead bugs off with some of the dip.

Attachments

#11 ·
only101,

nice look! I have the same color MDX......was considering having the same exact thing done by a buddy who owns a collision center. Was flipping between painting the entire grille vs just the inner "beak" and leaving the outside rim and Acura symbol bright silver. Now I have an idea of what the one option looks like. Think it will be a "win/win" either way. Thx!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.