Dash and door misalignment 2013 mdx - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Dash and door misalignment 2013 mdx

My first post but my wife noticed the passenger side dash to door gap is much worse than the driver side. I believe some people have noticed this in previous models. A bit disappointed to see it still exists. Can they fix this at the dealer easily or just don't look at it.....mdx advance 2013. Somehow I cannot add my pictures i took with my iphone to this post,.

Last edited by Bioshock; 02-16-2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Add pics
Bioshock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 11:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

mine is off on my 2012 advance as well, but it's at least equally off on both sides. not sure they can fix it, but it's worth a try. let me know-- i haven't been back to the dealer yet but intend to ask when i return.
redm3sedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Dash and door misalignment 2013 mdx

I've noticed the gaps in my 2012 being a bit larger than what I would like, but as it was said above I don't know what can be done at this point.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
wrestrepo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

go to a body shop that works on acura's. it's probably some sort of misalignment. or see what the dealer can do. what's the worse they can say..."it's normal"??

'05 TL 6MT w/navi--AM/ebony--lightly modded
trimdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

The dash has been that way for several years and Acura has simply decided to ignore the complaints year after year.

Acura has, IMHO, an above average drivetrain and suspension. My '11 runs, rides, and handles very well. Beyond that they ignore/deny problems until they are forced to do something about it.

My RR door always looks like it is not quite closed.
Bill_de is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioshock View Post
My first post but my wife noticed the passenger side dash to door gap is much worse than the driver side.
I noticed a gap as soon as I drove off the lot. Seems to be a design decision, I don't see any way to fix it.

The good news is you don't notice it after you put the first scratch in your paint...
Old 02-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

My leftside lines up perfectly. The gaps are equal on both sides. What does not line up is the wood trim is off about 3/16" between the door and dash. The dash panel goes all the way to the a-pillar so I don't know how they could make any adjustment. Besides, any adjustment would probably lead to squeeks.
bourmb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

We were in/out of several on the lot when shopping and noticed a lot of alignment issues in all of them. We have some goofy dash panels, gas door is wonky, and the doors close with a "thwang" that reminds me of a much lesser vehicle....but you still have to say "for the money" it's not that big of a deal. Generally rattle free...although I do get a buzz in the headliner around the sun-roof that I may complain about at some point...so far it's erratic enough I don't feel like bothering.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

The dash in my 11 Advance is off also. Doesn't really both me. Outside of that my MDX has been perfect, great drive, and very comfortable.

I've grown to appreciate the reliability and overall quality of the MDX.

Now don't get me going on my rattling Infiniti convertible...
MnMDXDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: