2008 Technology Side Mirror Signals LED Replacement? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

2008 Technology Side Mirror Signals LED Replacement?

Hello my fellow MDXerz,

It's not often I post inquiries within forums, as I usually find what I need through search, and normally I'm one posting answers to questions. However the answer to this particular question, is quite elusive to me.

I've been in the process of converting interior / exterior lighting on my '08 MDX Tech to LED. All has been going quite well, and to plan. I've just changed out my Front Turn Signals to Hyper White LEDs, which look just plain CLASSY! However, it now has me looking at my side mirror signals, and asking "How do I get in there and swap those puppies out?".

Does anyone know if it's possible to do a bulb swap on the side mirror signals, and how to get to them?

Thanks for your time, and I appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

-D.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Drider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2008 Technology Side Mirror Signals LED Replacement?

Well, after 120 views and no replies I guess its safe to say this hasn't / can't be accomplished.

I appreciate that no B.S. answers were posted.

If I decided to try and figure this out, I'll post up my findings.

-D.

Sent From My Galaxy Nexus
Old 02-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Looks like you might be the first. Did you have to use resistors with the turn signal bulbs?
slvr09tech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've actually ordered a set of four 6 Ohm 50W resistors from DDM Tuning. The Blinkers do hyper flash, but no error codes have been thrown.

-D.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

This guy did pretty nice job of converting lights to his ride. Check out his youtube link and hopefully it might help you out. If you are going to do similar conversion, make sure to take pics for DIY for other members. GL.

Side Mirror LED 2Color Upgrade Module for Avante MD - ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts
Old 02-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fab

if you want to change the mirror LED you will need to do what the above video shows, take out the housing, and solder on a new LED with the color of your choice. doable? yes, but not a simple plug and play.

Goodluck on your progress and let us know any updates!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec260 View Post
This guy did pretty nice job of converting lights to his ride. Check out his youtube link and hopefully it might help you out. If you are going to do similar conversion, make sure to take pics for DIY for other members. GL.

Side Mirror LED 2Color Upgrade Module for Avante MD - ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts
Thanks for the link! This is a great starting point for reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab View Post
if you want to change the mirror LED you will need to do what the above video shows, take out the housing, and solder on a new LED with the color of your choice. doable? yes, but not a simple plug and play.

Goodluck on your progress and let us know any updates!
Thanks for the advice fab, I'm pretty good at soldering, so I see no problems attempting this. Do you have any recommendations as to what size LED's to replace with / watts, or would this be something unknown until I'm in there?

Thanks again for the help, I'll definitely post updates as I begin the project.

-D.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Resistors

Are the OEM bulbs or LED on a circuit board? If bulbs, just slip in new ones. Otherwise I would check the resistors are on the boards to make sure how much power is getting through
Wildcrd1976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fab

Sorry I don't know the exact size, I just know it is a surface mount LED. You might also need to change the resistor on the circuit board but I think it should be ok as long as you get the same LED chip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: