2008 mdx problem army guy - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question 2008 mdx problem army guy

I have a 2008 Acura mdx with 110,000 miles I just got back from a year deployment and the X is doing something strange
When I accelerate the X under normal conditions the X drives great but if
I accelerate fast I feel some hesitation. If I do this while park I get no codes but is I am at a light and suddenly accelerate fast the car hesitates and I get the all wheel drive codes on the screen.
But if I just drive normal nothing happens
I replace all plugs and check all coils 100%good I removed and clean the EGR CLEAN it was a surprise.
I see foam once and always filled on premium
Any recommendations

SSG RUIZ
AIRBORNE
ruiz0411 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Im British, first off want to say thanks for your service for us all:-)
Im sure someone can chime in and help.
flnycus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Maybe a rear differential flush? But use the newer fluid--the all-wheel drive not the VTM-4.

And maybe a transmission flush?
These are all just suggestions, looks like you been on top of the basics.
If you do a transmission flush, it's not a complete flush, since most of the fluids will still be there. It will need a couple more of drains and refills--after some miles of driving (in between those flushes) to completely remove all the old transmission fluid.

Other than that, I'm as lost as your are after those maintenance concerning hesitation.

Last edited by cl_spdhax1; 02-03-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Edit: Hooray Staff Sgt!
cl_spdhax1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

2008 mdx problem army guy

I had a somewhat similar problem and my first instinct as well was to change fluids and check drivetrain. But that wasn't the case and it became very frustrating. Apparently there is a safety feature that engages this to happen when it thinks the motor is not running properly. If your vehicle was sitting for some time, try running a cleaner or remove the suspected faulty sensor and clean both the sensor and the housing it sits in. That made my issue better but it did not go away, I had a bigger issue with a bad catalytic converter, one of them was partially blocked and causing this to happen. Luckily for me Acura had extended the warranty for this as a recall item (bulletin).
I hope some of the above information is useful and good luck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Frankv27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

thanks guys but the problem is with the engine all this happened after the car hesitates
this only happens when i accelerate the car or push the gas pedal fast i get the little hesitation on the engine to rev up
so i still looking for answers
thanks to you guys for the feedback
ruiz0411 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

Staff Sergeant,

First off, a big thanks for your service!

As for your problem, are you still running the year old gas in the tank? If so I would suggest waiting for a new tank of gas and seeing if the problem persists. If you do still have the problem, I would run some techron through. You mentioned that you sea foamed; I suspect you may have put this through the intake which would still leave potential problems in the fuel delivery system. If you have any fuel system problems you may be experiencing detonation while accelerating under load (not just revving in park).

Good luck.
TWOxMDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: