phone wont connect when getting in car - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

phone wont connect when getting in car

Well, it will, but it takes about 15 seconds before it connects.

i'm talking about when you are on the phone before in the car, get in the car and turn it on, then have to wait a whilke before the connection happens. is there a way to fix this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbnole View Post
Well, it will, but it takes about 15 seconds before it connects.

i'm talking about when you are on the phone before in the car, get in the car and turn it on, then have to wait a whilke before the connection happens. is there a way to fix this?
Unfortunately the technology is not to a point where the vehicle will sync with the phone as soon as the key is in the ingnition

I hate when making a phone call, sometimes having to switch between the phone and handsfree. It's random at times..We will just have to get used to it I guess.

hnr949 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnr949 View Post
Unfortunately the technology is not to a point where the vehicle will sync with the phone as soon as the key is in the ingnition

I hate when making a phone call, sometimes having to switch between the phone and handsfree. It's random at times..We will just have to get used to it I guess.
I beg to differ. My Audi A6 connects with a second or two after turning on the car. This has been my biggest beef with the wife's 2011 MDX. Also, even if you start the call from within the car, if it was initiated from the phone, it automatically defaults to the phone for audio. You then have to wait the 15 seconds before it transfers over to the car. Again, my audi defaults to the car's audio regardless of where the call originated from (phone or car).
fender4645 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fender4645 View Post
I beg to differ. My Audi A6 connects with a second or two after turning on the car. This has been my biggest beef with the wife's 2011 MDX. Also, even if you start the call from within the car, if it was initiated from the phone, it automatically defaults to the phone for audio. You then have to wait the 15 seconds before it transfers over to the car. Again, my audi defaults to the car's audio regardless of where the call originated from (phone or car).
Maybe its just Japanese vehicles then because my Lexus GS does the same

hnr949 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

OK, I'm assuming those who's phones can't connect, have already previously been paired to the car...

I have luck turning off my phone's Bluetooth connection, then immediately turning it back on, that is, once the car is running.

Within a couple of seconds of doing this, the signal strength indicator should be displayed on the radio and you will be good to go.

My phone is the second phone paired, my wife's is the primary, she has no problem gaining connectivity within seconds of the car running (without turning off and back on the Bluetooth connection).
Old 02-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

phone wont connect when getting in car

I had the same problem, my wife's X takes what feels like an eternity to connect with the car and calls. My Audi connects automatically, but I hope it will be all corrected when I get the Handsfree fixed on my wife's X

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Frankv27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: