my new 2010 mdx advance! - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
delirium330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 38
Thumbs up my new 2010 mdx advance!

Hi All, new to the forum. Attached a picture of my new (to me) MDX Advance. Just ordered some of the sport running boards to complete the look, hopefully will have some time to install them this weekend. Otherwise jumping into a fresh set of fluids and filters to start my maintenance/service schedule. Looking forward to contributing to the community!
Attached Thumbnails
my new 2010 mdx advance!-side.jpg  
delirium330 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 251
Hey, welcome! Nice truck:-)
flnycus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 25
Congrats!

Good idea on the new fluids.
zmanH2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
flynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 4
Congrats!

Would you mind giving the specifics of your purchase?

Mileage?
Price?

Thanks!
flynn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

 
phins2rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 5,820
Congrats and
__________________
08 X Sport/Ent -- Sterling Gray/Ebony
03 X Touring/RES -- Taffeta White/Saddle

02 Honda S2000 -- Berlina Black/Black
99 Acura RL -- Naples Gold Metallic/Parchment
12 Toyota Avalon Limited
phins2rt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
Good idea on the new fluids.
__________________
kristoreie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44
Nice!! I have the same one. Love it. By far, favorite vehicle I have ever owned or driven. Going to buy it off lease in September. One thing I would suggest is to add the body side molding. It really looks nice but also functional. I had someone swing their door open into my door. Luckily it hit the molding, which is a cheap $100 piece. If it were to hit the door itself, I would have been looking at a whole lot more to repair it.

I am also considering running boards, as well as a roof rack. I am still researching to see what people think who have added either of them. I am a little worried about wind noise from the roof rack.

Also, you say that you ordered the sport running boards. I am debating on the sport or the advance. Was there a reason that you went with the sport ones? Personal preference, looks? I am just wondering because I have read some people complaining about the advance ones, and some sort of buckling of the plastic.
__________________
2010 MDX Advance / Entertainment - Polished Metal Metallic / Ebony
CR88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
delirium330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR88 View Post
Nice!! I have the same one. Love it. By far, favorite vehicle I have ever owned or driven. Going to buy it off lease in September. One thing I would suggest is to add the body side molding. It really looks nice but also functional. I had someone swing their door open into my door. Luckily it hit the molding, which is a cheap $100 piece. If it were to hit the door itself, I would have been looking at a whole lot more to repair it.

I am also considering running boards, as well as a roof rack. I am still researching to see what people think who have added either of them. I am a little worried about wind noise from the roof rack.

Also, you say that you ordered the sport running boards. I am debating on the sport or the advance. Was there a reason that you went with the sport ones? Personal preference, looks? I am just wondering because I have read some people complaining about the advance ones, and some sort of buckling of the plastic.
Thanks, I love it as well, so much technology, comfortable, and love the suspension adjustability. I don't have much need for a roof rack and they chrome one gets pretty pricey once you add the cross bars, I do carry bikes but they usually go in the back covered or I use a Thule hitch mounted platform rack (if you carry bikes this is by far the best rack I've ever owned). On the running boards I simply like the look of the Sport better than the other options, plus if you have ever actually used running boards before you need to take into account the "un-usable" ones like the Sport (they're for looks) because if you get ones that stick out too far you end up scraping your jeans/dress, etc. on them and they get dirty. The MDX really isn't tall enough to warrant the true use of running boards.
delirium330 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
delirium330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynn View Post
Would you mind giving the specifics of your purchase?

Mileage?
Price?

Thanks!
50k miles, Advance package, towing packing, navigation, polish metallic on ebony leather. Pretty much every option they had on the 2010 model except the entertainment package. You can get Tech packages for a bit less, but I really wanted the 19" wheels, and I liked the interior design changes on the Advance (the blind spot detection, suspension, and A/C seats are also a nice touch).

Paid 31k even for it. Everyone can opine if that was a good deal or not.
delirium330 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium330 View Post
Thanks, I love it as well, so much technology, comfortable, and love the suspension adjustability. I don't have much need for a roof rack and they chrome one gets pretty pricey once you add the cross bars, I do carry bikes but they usually go in the back covered or I use a Thule hitch mounted platform rack (if you carry bikes this is by far the best rack I've ever owned). On the running boards I simply like the look of the Sport better than the other options, plus if you have ever actually used running boards before you need to take into account the "un-usable" ones like the Sport (they're for looks) because if you get ones that stick out too far you end up scraping your jeans/dress, etc. on them and they get dirty. The MDX really isn't tall enough to warrant the true use of running boards.
Good point on the running boards. I never thought of that, but I totally see it happening with me especially since I do wear a suit half of the week.

As for the bikes, that is good to know. My wife and I were recently discussing a roof rack for things like that (kayak, bikes, etc.). But I would much prefer the hitch mounted one instead. I am planning to have a towing kit installed sometime this spring so I may pick up a Thule at that time. Thanks for the info.
__________________
2010 MDX Advance / Entertainment - Polished Metal Metallic / Ebony
CR88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
wrestrepo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 550
my new 2010 mdx advance!

Without reading the previous comments, I have black roof rack and bar in mine, I like that better than the super ones, not only are they adjustable front to back, which the silver are not, they also look better IMO. I got a hitch rack for the bikes, I didn't feel like trying to put a bike on the roof and not scratching the car. I also have a roof box for crap overflow on long trips.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
wrestrepo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
wrestrepo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 550
my new 2010 mdx advance!

Oh, and on the running board subject, I have the advance, they are wide, and lower than the sport, they are not as good looking, but I believe more functional. You have to step on them every single time you get in and out of the car or your pants will get dirty.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
wrestrepo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Copyright 2000-2010 MDXers.org. All Rights Reserved.