Onstar FMV aftermarket System on MDX - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Onstar FMV aftermarket System on MDX

Has anyone installed or for reasons not installed the aftermarket Onstar system sold and installed thru Best Buy, among others??

My dealer has no experience with this system
jajaxxon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

IMO, Absolute waste of money.

I would never spend my money on this type of service.
**Sold**2007 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment Dark Cherry Pearl with Parchment, body side moldings, valley trailer hitch w/factory wiring harness, rear backup sensors, black running boards, leather/wood shift knob without perforated leather, wheel locks, Husky floor liners, day/night mirror with compass, fender flares, cargo cover.
Randy B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Onstar FMV aftermarket System on MDX

I have a car that came with the onstar hardware and never cared to activate it. I also would not spend money in a service like that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
wrestrepo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

I rather dial 911 on my cell if I was in a emergency.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

My previous Mercedes came with a similar system called "Tele-Aid" originally, then "mBrace" more recently. Since it came built-in there was an opportunity to try if for free for a few months which I did. Personally, I never had a reason to actively use it on my own. As part of the system there was a concierge you could call for directions and things like that. It's something I have no interest in using at all, but that's just me. However, two interesting and potentially useful features were it would make an emergency call on your behalf if it sensed that the airbags deployed. In other words if you get into an accident and you're knocked unconscious, it will call the authorities for you. The other feature was that if the vehicle is broken into, tripping the alarm, it will contact the call center who in turn will contact you. And finally, it gave you the ability to unlock the doors via an iPhone app if you left your keys inside. These features intrigued me, but it was never enough for me to plunk down some $200 or $300 a year (can't remember exactly how much). Others would argue that there's no price to place on safety. I think car manufactures have some good ideas here but they have to make the system more useful and more affordable.

2012 Acura MDX Tech
Bali Blue/Taupe
Body side molding
Chrome side steps
Cargo cover
Wood grain shift knob
OEM hitch/wiring harness
TheJimbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: