2013 MDX Lighting Mods - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

2013 MDX Lighting Mods

Hey guys,
Just got the 2013 MDX Premium (aka the base model) and have done some minor lighting modifications. I changed out the wimpy liftgate lights for LED's and replaced the reverse lights (which were really weak and made it hard to see pulling out of the garage at night) with super bright ones. Here are the pics:
The reverse lights are replaced with Sylvania Silver Star 921 bulbs
The liftgate lights were replaced with Sylvania LEDriving 6000k bulbs
A word about the LED's- they are not a straight up replacement i had to modify the housing a little. There is a metal holder for the bulb that needed to be bent out a bit to get the LED bulb to fit. As far as I know that metal clip is used for holding the bulb in place and doesn't have any other function. Sorry didnt take a pic of the housing mod if i have time I will add it later.
Attached Thumbnails
2013 MDX Lighting Mods-reverse-light-package.jpg   2013 MDX Lighting Mods-reverse-lights.jpg   2013 MDX Lighting Mods-tailgate-led.jpg   2013 MDX Lighting Mods-tailgate-lights.jpg  
Nighthawk Black
Quicksilver76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fab

Looks good. i wonder how the silverstar 921 compare to Cree bulbs. Should pick up a pair and do a comparison. Also im surprised the silverstar LED don't fit housing perfectly. i know China's led had that issues but that cause it was a bad manufacturer.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

^^ Those look good, nice upgrade to the oem stock ones.

^ I'm wondering the samething, if the silverstars are brighter than the cree or other leds out there. I may give it a try
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: