HID Fog Lights - problems with the reflector getting too hot? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-27-2013, 04:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to xxpanipuri Send a message via Yahoo to xxpanipuri
HID Fog Lights - problems with the reflector getting too hot?

For those of you that have HID fog lights have you had any issues with the little plastic part in the fog light assembly itself? i had my hid bulb turned on for about 5 mins while testing out the install and when i pulled the bulb out and touched the plastic reflector part inside the fog light housing, it seemed to get quite hot.

Now from what i'm hearing/reading HID bulbs are supposed to run cooler than standard halogen bulbs.

Again just wanting to see what other peoples experience has been who have installed hid kits for their foglights....

thanks!
xxpanipuri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'd be interested in views on this as well. That's the reason i didnt do mine. I know a few friends with other vehicles whose HIDs cracked their fog lens so i stayed away doing that mod just incase.
flnycus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fab

Never had a problem or fro anyone I worked with. Stick with a 35w ballast from a reliable source
Old 01-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to xxpanipuri Send a message via Yahoo to xxpanipuri
I bought mine from bavtoys.com

I bought my prolumen 35w hid kit from them as well thats in my bmw (for the fog lights) never had any issues)

the one i got for the mdx is a 55w kit i'm considering if i should switch out or not....1
xxpanipuri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

I as well went with 35w and no problems so far. You should definitely switch the 55w kit to 35w, they tend to concentrate a large amount of heat in a small area.
NYC12MDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

You guys should check out kbcarstuff.com. They have the hID extreme kits with the stock phillips bulb (4300k) i have this on another vehicle for low beams and they are fantastic. I wouldnt use any other kit. These kits are real quality, check them out. - Im just a customer not affiliated with them in any way.
flnycus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ive had HIDs in my fogs for over 3yrs now and no problems..80k miles going strong..
2008 MDX 19" ZDX wheels ,Wilwood Superlite calipers with 14" rotors ,Front bumper garnish, hood deflector, 6000k HID foglights LED DRLs & interior bulbs, Plate bulbs,Limo Tints all around 20% Front windshield tint, Debadged rear emblems Oem sidesteps & sunroof deflector ,Ventvisor door visors, RV6 JPIPE with center pipe resonators removed, Chrome rear bumper strip, Carbon fiber dash interior kit, IPOD integration kit, Wood shift knob, 2012 Advance steering wheel & rear stabilizer bar
shadymdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: