Is it possible to disable the seatbelt chime... - Page 3 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #31 (permalink)

Kill The Chime

This was suggested by someone in another forum and it seems like a nice fix. No wires to mess with and easy to remove when you want to use your seatbelt.

SEAT BELT CLIP EXTENDER EXTENSION 5 INCHES FAST DLVRY | eBay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #32 (permalink)

Manhattan:

Don't get upset - if you Google "how to disable seatbelt alarm acura mdx" you will see results for every other vehicle, as well (Subaru, TL, etc.). Read them and you will see the nannies of those Forums do the same thing; everything from "just wear it" to "shoot yourself and save yourself the hassle of dying a painful death in a car accident w/o your seatbelt."

I'm with ya on wanting to disable the chime so I make short (<1 mile) trips w/o my seatbelt.

Let the name-calling begin ...
StPeteAPB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #33 (permalink)

Disabling the chime is a reasonable question that thousands would love to have the answer to. The additional information regarding the wearing or not wearing it falls into the catagory of, "it's better to have people think that you are stupid than to open your mouth and prove it".
On a public forum you are open to all comments so the OP would be well advised to not to have added any comments regarding his seat belt wearing habits.

2010 MDX Advance, Ent.
2005 RL
DB22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #34 (permalink)

I happened to be looking at Acura parts on eBay and ran across these. It reminded me of this topic so I thought I would post it. Serves a dual purpose, it's also a bottle opener! Can't beat the price to get rid of the chime alarm if that's what you need.

Car Safety Seat Belt Buckle Clasp Alarm Stop Canceller Eliminator Bottle Opener | eBay
ls973800 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 01:32 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls973800 View Post
I happened to be looking at Acura parts on eBay and ran across these. It reminded me of this topic so I thought I would post it. Serves a dual purpose, it's also a bottle opener! Can't beat the price to get rid of the chime alarm if that's what you need.

Car Safety Seat Belt Buckle Clasp Alarm Stop Canceller Eliminator Bottle Opener | eBay
That is too funny, ls!!! Ya know, I was just thinking the other day, "Gee, how can I get this bottle of beer open while I'm driving down the road without my seat belt on???" I could just pop this out, use it to open my beer (might as well open a beer or two for the kids while I'm at it) and then put this in my seat belt receiver so the chime doesn't go off.
redm3sedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #36 (permalink)

I don't know if this works today. Years back (before I started wearing a seat belt ) I would get under the dash with the chime going, find the device that was making the noise and rip it out. I would leave them in the glove compartment for the next owner.
Bill_de is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2014, 04:25 PM   #37 (permalink)

Best that worked for me was the ebay cure ..Got 2 of them for about $10 including postage ..Be sure you get the right ones for your brand (Acura) ..I tried to open the seat belt buckle (receiver ) with no luck ...I have done this on earlier Acuras and Pilots but the 14 seems to be glued or bonded somehow ...
ditzpro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: