Is it possible to disable the seatbelt chime... - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

You are probably right, real men don't wear seat belts.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
wrestrepo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #17 (permalink)

What kind of "people" do we have in this forum? This guy asked a tech question, if you don't know it, shut up. Why are you guys giving him a lecture on a lousy seat belt? You think he does not know it?

I belong to several other forums, Infiniti, MB, and Mustang, but I never encounter this kind of hostile group of people.
flash gordon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

oh and IBTL.

02 Honda S2000 -- Berlina Black/Black
99 Acura RL -- Naples Gold Metallic/Parchment
12 Toyota Avalon Limited
phins2rt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash gordon View Post
What kind of "people" do we have in this forum? This guy asked a tech question, if you don't know it, shut up. Why are you guys giving him a lecture on a lousy seat belt?
Please go back and read this thread from the start. Manhattan is the one who stepped up the hostility level with his (or her) pseudo-profanity, which was completely unnecessary. Until that point, the answers were quite reasonable.

I myself wonder how other drivers know that Manhattan is on a short trip, so that they can avoid crashing into him until he's on a long trip.
lion9mdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

Why can't we just all get along we are not little kids anymore this forum are for helping each other out not bashing one another. Personally if I don't know the answer I would never post it, people are sensitive now a day. Be nice to each other cause we will need each other in the future.
fyaajster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #21 (permalink)

Yeah the OP asked a technical question and the Safety Susans all jumped on his back. I would also like to turn off the seatbelt chime. Not because I drive without my seatbelt but because I find it annoying and intrusive.
donger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

There was a similar sequence to turn off the seatbelt chime on my is350. I generally remove my seatbelt when i pull into my driveway and sometimes the garage door won't open right away so I was tired of being beeped at in my driveway. Otherwise, I always have my belt on as I am aware that most accidents occur within one mile of the home or something like that.

I found this mentioned on the Honda forums and the TSX forum. I did not try it though.

-Disconnect the car battery to avoid setting an air bag warning code.

-unplug the three pin connector under the seat, just trace the wire coming out of the buckle to find it under the seat. On my car, the wires from the seatbelt buckle side of the connector were:
Pin 1-Green
Pin 2-Red
Pin 3-Black

And on the other side of the plug, heading under the carpet, the three wires are:
Pin 1-Green
Pin 2-Yellow
Pin 3-Black

- With a short pirce of 18 or 20 guage wire, solid conductor, short pin one to pin 3 on the plug with wires that head under carpet:

1 = NO = Green... short to terminal 3
2 = NC = Yellow..leave open
3 = gnd = Black

Now just leave the connector unplugged with the wire jumping pin one to pin 3 and the car will think that the seatbelt in always plugged in.

Reconnect the battery and enjoy the silence.

Just dont forget to buckle-Up!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #23 (permalink)

To dis-able the Seat Belt Chime

1. turn key on to acc position (do not start car).
2. buckle and un-buckle the Seatbelt 20 times
3. turn the key to the off position.
4. start the car...

I've never tried on my mdx but it worked on my subaru legacy using this method...
nctuan03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #24 (permalink)

this is too funny... just let the OP do whatever he wants. no one needs to lecture him. I'm sure none of you other guys want others to tell you what to do either so if you can't help giving him an answer he needs, just move on.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #25 (permalink)

The maturity level on this thread is astounding! Full grown adults sure know how to have rational and civil discourse!

Yeah, you may have voted for me, but don't expect me to work for you. I'm too busy catering to the people who funded my election and to the people who bribe me. And remember, if anything goes wrong it's anyone else's fault but mine, in fact it was probably yours. You must be wondering why all this is legal. Well, son, I make the law.

This is Corrupt Politician, signing out
CrptPolitician is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #26 (permalink)

With all the stupid remarks and useless posts being said here is what i did. I went to my friends bodyshop and cut 2 front seatbelt buckles from a car that was having the seatbelts replaced due to a locked tensioner and plugged it into my receptical. Simple as that. Works on my M3 and my S5 as well.
2008 MDX 19" ZDX wheels ,Wilwood Superlite calipers with 14" rotors ,Front bumper garnish, hood deflector, 6000k HID foglights LED DRLs & interior bulbs, Plate bulbs,Limo Tints all around 20% Front windshield tint, Debadged rear emblems Oem sidesteps & sunroof deflector ,Ventvisor door visors, RV6 JPIPE with center pipe resonators removed, Chrome rear bumper strip, Carbon fiber dash interior kit, IPOD integration kit, Wood shift knob, 2012 Advance steering wheel & rear stabilizer bar
shadymdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
Wow. wesreopo, you must be one amazingly uptight little man. Please just shut the f*** up and stop posting in this thread. You've been useless so far. Can't imagine it'll get much better.
There is absolutely no reason for y ou to be *****ing at weseopo.

If you do not like his comments then do not read them.

George
Old 01-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #28 (permalink)

I too hate the seat belt chime, I always wear a seat belt and don't need the attorneys reminder. I did try the disconnect on my RL and it threw a bunch of error codes but you could try this on the MDX - near the belt receptical there is a plug and socket (it maybe under the seat) you could try disconnecting the plug. The thought is that the logic either had continuity when a belt was buckled or not so if it does not work then short the pins of the socket so that the logic thinks that the seatbelt is always fastened. Additionally, the socket may have 3 wires in it so therefore the logic is not that simple but it's worth a try.

2010 MDX Advance, Ent.
2005 RL
DB22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadymdx View Post
With all the stupid remarks and useless posts being said here is what i did. I went to my friends bodyshop and cut 2 front seatbelt buckles from a car that was having the seatbelts replaced due to a locked tensioner and plugged it into my receptical. Simple as that. Works on my M3 and my S5 as well.
So you never wear your seatbelt?

-Drop Stop
-Opti-Guard
-OEM Roof Rails
-OEM Cross Bars
-OEM Rear Lower Trim
-OEM Front Lower Trim
-OEM Hood Air Deflector
-OEM Side Steps-Chrome
-Nokya H11 Hyper Yellow fogs
-WeatherTech FloorLiner™ DigitalFit® 3rd Row All Season Floor Mat
princelybug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by princelybug View Post
So you never wear your seatbelt?
That is correct...any more questions?
2008 MDX 19" ZDX wheels ,Wilwood Superlite calipers with 14" rotors ,Front bumper garnish, hood deflector, 6000k HID foglights LED DRLs & interior bulbs, Plate bulbs,Limo Tints all around 20% Front windshield tint, Debadged rear emblems Oem sidesteps & sunroof deflector ,Ventvisor door visors, RV6 JPIPE with center pipe resonators removed, Chrome rear bumper strip, Carbon fiber dash interior kit, IPOD integration kit, Wood shift knob, 2012 Advance steering wheel & rear stabilizer bar
shadymdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: