2013 Tech Vibration at Highway Speeds (70+mph) - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-31-2012, 07:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

2013 Tech Vibration at Highway Speeds (70+mph)

We just purchased a 2013 MDX Tech 10 days ago. From the moment we drove it onto the highway we get a horrible vibration at speeds of 70 mph and above. Not just a small vibration, but one that shakes the whole car. You can feel in steering wheel, but most is felt in seats. We have taken it back to the dealer everyday since we purchased it with no remedy to the problem. They have balanced, road forced balanced, changed tires, changed rims, swapped tires, etc. and the problem is still there. They were going to switch out the car, but the other one we drove did the exact same thing. We are at our wits end and really dont know what to do. I have never owned an MDX but have owned several different models of acuras and hondas and have never had a problem like this! I am almost certain this is not normal! Any info anyone can give would be helpful!
Thank you
Chelcamp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 01:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Seems like Acura has a bunch of defective tires that are being installed on new vehicles. Have the dealer balance and align your tires/wheels asap, since if the alignment is bad and the tires wear unevenly because of it, then the tires will lose the balancing after a couple thousand miles. This seems like a common problem for many brand new Mdx's.

If you are not satisfied return your MDX for one that you have tested that doesn't have the problem. Write the serial numbers if the tires that don't have the problem.

Acura is damaging it's image by allowing defective tires to be installed in their vehicles.

I just helped a friend with this problem and he ended buying 4 new tires that didn't have this problem to fix this issue. The dealer gave him the run around for several months.

You have a new vehicle so don't let this issue last several months to be fixed just because the dealer doesn't want to replace a bunch of defective tires. Balancing the tires seem like only a temporary fix in many cases so make sure that if they balance the tires that there there is zero vibration left..

AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelcamp View Post
We just purchased a 2013 MDX Tech 10 days ago. From the moment we drove it onto the highway we get a horrible vibration at speeds of 70 mph and above. Not just a small vibration, but one that shakes the whole car. You can feel in steering wheel, but most is felt in seats. We have taken it back to the dealer everyday since we purchased it with no remedy to the problem. They have balanced, road forced balanced, changed tires, changed rims, swapped tires, etc. and the problem is still there. They were going to switch out the car, but the other one we drove did the exact same thing. We are at our wits end and really dont know what to do. I have never owned an MDX but have owned several different models of acuras and hondas and have never had a problem like this! I am almost certain this is not normal! Any info anyone can give would be helpful!
Thank you
... side windows acrylic deflectors,
... Michelin Latitude Tour HP 275/45R19
2010 Acura TL Tech.
2001 Mercedes ML 320
2005 Mercedes ML 500 AMG Package
AC_MDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_MDX View Post
Seems like Acura has a bunch of defective tires that are being installed on new vehicles. Have the dealer balance and align your tires/wheels asap, since if the alignment is bad and the tires wear unevenly because of it, then the tires will lose the balancing after a couple thousand miles. This seems like a common problem for many brand new Mdx's.

If you are not satisfied return your MDX for one that you have tested that doesn't have the problem. Write the serial numbers if the tires that don't have the problem.

Acura is damaging it's image by allowing defective tires to be installed in their vehicles.

I just helped a friend with this problem and he ended buying 4 new tires that didn't have this problem to fix this issue. The dealer gave him the run around for several months.

You have a new vehicle so don't let this issue last several months to be fixed just because the dealer doesn't want to replace a bunch of defective tires. Balancing the tires seem like only a temporary fix in many cases so make sure that if they balance the tires that there there is zero vibration left..

AC
I think the OP already mentioned he swapped tires and wheels already.

I'm leaning more towards a suspension issue.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to DChan415
Does this happen on every road? Or do you drive the same route everyday and have only experienced it on the same road? Gotta rule out the basics

01 Acura MDX Touring Navi
11 Acura MDX Touring Tech
DChan415 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for pointing it out.. I would definitely swap the vehicle for another without the issue. If the dealer cannot fix it, then it is a lemon vehicle with a problem that the dealer cannot even fix. The sooner you change it the better..

AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetrical View Post
I think the OP already mentioned he swapped tires and wheels already.

I'm leaning more towards a suspension issue.
2010 Acura TL Tech.
2001 Mercedes ML 320
Old 01-02-2013, 02:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Think its time for these similar threads to be merged.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
boston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm dealing with this issue on my 2012. This sucks!
newyork326 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thank you for your input everyone! We took it to another dealership today, hopefully they will be able to help us solve the problem! It does happen no matter what road we are on. The demo car that we test drove (before we bought) and the courtesy car they gave me today do not have these vibrations and it is obvious the ride on these are much smoother. I'll keep you in the loop should we be able to find a fix!
Chelcamp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Please keep posted. The dealership is most likely going to replace my 12 with a 13 b/c they were saying that the 13's don't do this... obviously this is not true.

I am just going to demand that I test drive the new one for like a day or 2 and put a few hundred miles on it.
newyork326 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Take the car back to the dealer or have a look at your suspension. Chances are they may have missed removing the suspension spacers placed during transport. I had the same vibration on the 1st day on my RDX. Get compensated for your trouble. They obviously did not do their job with the pre-delivery inspection.
cFoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

Where are the suspension spacers located? anybody have a photo of it..? Thanks...

AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cFoo View Post
Take the car back to the dealer or have a look at your suspension. Chances are they may have missed removing the suspension spacers placed during transport. I had the same vibration on the 1st day on my RDX. Get compensated for your trouble. They obviously did not do their job with the pre-delivery inspection.
2010 Acura TL Tech.
2001 Mercedes ML 320
Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #12 (permalink)

Wow! I just got the same 2013 MDX Tech last Dec 29 and I am experiencing the exact same symptoms you mentioned. It is worst at about 68-72 mph. Please keep us posted.

Mine is going to the service dept. soon to have it checked

Edit: Tires are Michellin Latitudes
zmanH2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cFoo View Post
Possible, but highly unlikely. This is a problem with many 2007+ MDX models.
carli123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 01:58 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelcamp View Post
Thank you for your input everyone! We took it to another dealership today, hopefully they will be able to help us solve the problem! It does happen no matter what road we are on. The demo car that we test drove (before we bought) and the courtesy car they gave me today do not have these vibrations and it is obvious the ride on these are much smoother. I'll keep you in the loop should we be able to find a fix!
Where they able to fix your issues?
zmanH2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #15 (permalink)

I have a 08 that has been back many time for vibration issues. Dealer has been great, BUT there is still a vibration, although less now than originally. Spoils what is otherwise a great vehicle.
mgedit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: