New Acura MDX Owner - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-23-2012, 05:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to xxpanipuri Send a message via Yahoo to xxpanipuri
New Acura MDX Owner

Hey guys I've been trolling here for a while.

We just picked up a new family hauler

2013 MDX with the Tech and Entertainment packages.

This will be my wife's Daily Driver.

So far I'm pleasantly surprised and how well it drives for an SUV. It handles fairly well...doesn't feel like i'm driving a couch on wheels...

we test drove the following cars before deciding on this

2012 ml350 bluetec
2012 vw tourag
2013 audi q7 TDI
2013 Porsche Cayenne TDI

I wanted to go the diesel route, but only the q7 had 3 rows and it was way too long for her to drive.

She was torn between the MDX and the ML350 bluetec...but the mdx's 3rd sold her....and for under 50k we got this new as opposed to the ml350 we'd have gotten slightly used for around the same price (but less options)...

Hoping to learn alot from you guys on these forums. So far the amount of technology in this car is mindblowing....now i'm comparing it to all our other cars...
2000 jetta - (my wifes old DD)
2000 camry v6 - (my DD 260k miles!)
2003 BMW 540i m-sport - (my toy)....

anyways here are some crappy iphone pics...

and a few of my 03 540i m-sport which will now be getting a suspension refresh and getting lowered, since it won't be the primary family hauler

bought it in 05 with 25k miles on it...just clicked over 80k...enjoy every minute behind the wheel of it!!

xxpanipuri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 06:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to the forums! Good to see another NorCal member on here.

Any thoughts on how it compared to the 4 SUVs in terms of driving feel? And you guys didn't consider a BMW X5?
symmetrical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Interesting field of cars you tested. And yes, why not the X5?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
wrestrepo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to xxpanipuri Send a message via Yahoo to xxpanipuri
Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetrical View Post
Welcome to the forums! Good to see another NorCal member on here.

Any thoughts on how it compared to the 4 SUVs in terms of driving feel? And you guys didn't consider a BMW X5?
Well I test drove the x5 diesel and I LOVED IT...and i knew my wife wouldn't like it...

I wanted the one with the sport package and 20" wheels..which not only looks great but handles great...

but it wasn't too practical, and i knew my wife wouldn't want that much of a performance oriented ride....

She thought the cayenne was too sporty but she has always loved the looks of the cayenne, she never really liked the x5 she thought it looked too brawny...

I would consider the x5 v8 or diesel as a replacement to my 540i in a few yrs...

also one of my coworkers recently traded in his 18 month old MDX for an x5 diesel and he notices the significantly smaller cargo space behind the 2nd row in the x5 as well as how uncomfortable it is on long trips (2+ hrs) on Bay Area Roads....
xxpanipuri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome, wow a wide choice you went from.. Well you made a good choice. You'll surely enjoy it.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpanipuri View Post
Well I test drove the x5 diesel and I LOVED IT...and i knew my wife wouldn't like it...

I wanted the one with the sport package and 20" wheels..which not only looks great but handles great...

but it wasn't too practical, and i knew my wife wouldn't want that much of a performance oriented ride....

She thought the cayenne was too sporty but she has always loved the looks of the cayenne, she never really liked the x5 she thought it looked too brawny...

I would consider the x5 v8 or diesel as a replacement to my 540i in a few yrs...

also one of my coworkers recently traded in his 18 month old MDX for an x5 diesel and he notices the significantly smaller cargo space behind the 2nd row in the x5 as well as how uncomfortable it is on long trips (2+ hrs) on Bay Area Roads....
Ah I see. Well the MDX is a fine SUV. I believe its the best all around balanced SUV. Its sporty "enough" and practical enough. It's funny because I ended up with the MDX because my wife doesn't like the exterior of the X5, didn't even consider a Cayenne because of the cost, and also didn't want a Honda pilot because it was too boxy and wanted something with 3rd row seating.
symmetrical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 12:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

welcome and nice choice. We bought the MDX tech for my wifes DD, the problem is when we go out as a family, we fight over who wants to drive lol. I like to put it into sport and use the paddle shifters, she likes to enjoy the ride. Great SUV all in all. There's something for everyone's taste all in one SUV, whether it be sports, luxury, tech etc etc.
flnycus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: