2012 Tech - Having Shaking Problems - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

few things..

vibrations on highway speed could be caused by different things:

unbalance wheels, bent rims, bad shock, tire rod end, bad ball joint or even bad drive shaft
Maddox2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

Went today to pick my truck up and the tires have been replaced and the problem still exists. supposedly Acura is aware of the problem and is calling it a cold weather tire problem and states that it is within the acceptable range of shake for the truck and is saying that it is a characteristic for the car.

So I told the dealership that this was my 3rd trip and that either the problem was going to be fixed or they were buying the truck back b/c of the lemon law!

Once I stated that the dealership asked for 2 weeks to get back in touch with Acura and try and rectify the problem. They are talking about trying to put me into a 2013 since they are not having these shaking problems.

It's going to be a few weeks until I have a solution, but I was promised by the 10th of January, and if I don't hear back by then I will pursue the better business bureau and the lemon law.
newyork326 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that.

Sounds like they have a problem with their tire supplier. I don't see why. There are two different stock tires that come on the car (Bridgestone and Michelin) so if one has a problem, when you replace the tires you get the other one, no? (Did you happen to notice whether they replaced the tires with the same make/model as the previous ones?)

And there's no such thing as an "acceptable range of shake". A new car should not have vibrations, period.

Give them a chance to do something by January 10. And keep us posted on any new developments.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #19 (permalink)

13 does not have the problem?
opticspen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #20 (permalink)

From hearing form the dealership.... No. Anyone with a 13 care to chime in?
Old 12-31-2012, 07:46 AM   #21 (permalink)

We just purchased a 2013 a few weeks ago and are having the same vibration/shaking at high speeds (75 mph). We have had it at the dealer everyday since we bought it and they cannot figure out what is wrong with it. We have had road force balance, different tires, balances, rim switches and it is still there. They were going to replace it with a new car, but the one we drove did the exact same thing. We are going to take it to another dealer and see if the might not be able to rectify the problem. Honestly I am at my wits end!!!!!!
Chelcamp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelcamp View Post
We just purchased a 2013 a few weeks ago and are having the same vibration/shaking at high speeds (75 mph). We have had it at the dealer everyday since we bought it and they cannot figure out what is wrong with it. We have had road force balance, different tires, balances, rim switches and it is still there. They were going to replace it with a new car, but the one we drove did the exact same thing. We are going to take it to another dealer and see if the might not be able to rectify the problem. Honestly I am at my wits end!!!!!!
Hmmm you know what this sounds a lot like the issue I'm having myself. Although the strange thing is that it doesn't seem to do it all the time. I thought it was just the road but the more I think of it, the more it doesn't seem normal.

And how I describe it would be a slight shimmy in the steering wheel. But only around 70-75mph+ does it do that. On certain days it doesn't do it.

Might be a faulty MDX thing...?
symmetrical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 12:41 AM   #23 (permalink)

Anything that rotates under the car is suspect. Has a tech accompanied you on a ride?
I say that he car is not fit for purpose and dealer should give you your money back.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
boston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #24 (permalink)

It's funny how some of the contributors that have been on this board for a while have responded to the OP like it's the first they've heard of such a condition. This issue has been reported countless times since the first '07 hit the road including mine in February '07. The dealer tried really hard, even swapped to all new wheels and tires at 5k miles, no change and I had to give up. I've heard of lots of explanations but about the best you can hope for is to minimize the condition with a road force balance (but even that solution is elusive). If you have this vibration that is sometimes there and sometimes not (73mph is the sweet spot), no one has figured out how to cure it and it does exist despite what any dealer says otherwise. My advice for would be purchasers is go for a 30 minute test drive at 73-75mph to determine if the one you're about to buy is part of the 10% club.
carli123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyork326 View Post
From hearing form the dealership.... No. Anyone with a 13 care to chime in?
I have a brand new 2013 with the same vibrating issues

Service appt coming up.
zmanH2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #26 (permalink)

I think with hearing all this bad stuff about the MDX, I may just go with the lemon law and get all my money back and go get a different SUV.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyork326 View Post
Went today to pick my truck up and the tires have been replaced and the problem still exists. supposedly Acura is aware of the problem and is calling it a cold weather tire problem and states that it is within the acceptable range of shake for the truck and is saying that it is a characteristic for the car.

So I told the dealership that this was my 3rd trip and that either the problem was going to be fixed or they were buying the truck back b/c of the lemon law!

Once I stated that the dealership asked for 2 weeks to get back in touch with Acura and try and rectify the problem. They are talking about trying to put me into a 2013 since they are not having these shaking problems.

It's going to be a few weeks until I have a solution, but I was promised by the 10th of January, and if I don't hear back by then I will pursue the better business bureau and the lemon law.
Do you have any updates on your case?
zmanH2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #28 (permalink)

Curious which tire brand he has. I replaced my Michelin with the exact same Michelin's at around 50,000 miles and started have bad shacking issues. I would take it back, they'd balance and rotate and it'd go away. Another 5,000 miles and I had them balance and rotated and it was back... At 10,000 miles on the new tires we determined it was a bad tire. Whenever it got rotated to the back the problem went away. I ended up getting all four replaced as I had concern it was a bad batch.
domano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #29 (permalink)

There are Michelins on it now and they replaced all wheels and tires from an in stock model... same problem.

I have to call the dealer tomorrow and see if they are going to give me a 2013. I will keep everyone posted.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:07 AM   #30 (permalink)

My 07 is having the same issue. Speeds 60 and under is perfect... I feel vibration from 70-90 mph..

They've balanced my tires twice already after two visits..
07_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: