Thoughts on my Black Tech Wheels? - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Looks good and if you like them even better. IMO though they remind me of a young kids car who try and imitate some kind of supercar not my thing, gun metal looks awesome though imo.
flnycus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Tetris Champion

Send a message via AIM to Hodog16
Looks great to me. I'd consider the black rims, but it wouldn't look good with the steel blue. Looks great with white, silver, and black.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #18 (permalink)

not really a fan...but like others have said...it's your ride.

'05 TL 6MT w/navi--AM/ebony--lightly modded
trimdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

I think I'd be more happy with gun metal in retrospect. But it's fine and this is our family hauler so I'm not that particular

I put new Michelin Lattitudes on it. Wow are they more quiet and smoother than the Duelllers that came off. The Duellers were good but these are certainly better.
MDXpression is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDXpression View Post
I put new Michelin Lattitudes on it. Wow are they more quiet and smoother than the Duelllers that came off. The Duellers were good but these are certainly better.
Just remember, when you're replacing worn/used tires with brand new tires, the new tires often feel like they're much better tires - but the reason is that they're new, with full tread depth, and not because it's a better tire. I'm not saying the Latitude isn't better (or is better), but you would only know for sure by comparing new Latitudes against new Duelers, not against used ones.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #21 (permalink)

Not a fan, but if you dig them, that's all that matters.

2014 Escape Titanium 2.0 Turbo 4WD
Tsturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #22 (permalink)

Here's a good example of black wheels that look good IMO, mostly because of the stance of the rest of the car and the sheer size of those wheels.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsxtasy View Post
Just remember, when you're replacing worn/used tires with brand new tires, the new tires often feel like they're much better tires - but the reason is that they're new, with full tread depth, and not because it's a better tire. I'm not saying the Latitude isn't better (or is better), but you would only know for sure by comparing new Latitudes against new Duelers, not against used ones.
nsxtasy - You are absolutely correct. The Duellers that came off are 2 years old with 20k miles on them. So they are definitely not new but certainly were not due. I just landed on a set of take offs from a new MDX buyer. To truly compare it would require two brand new sets. Luckily I bought a CPO car. So in the last year, I had the compliance bushings and right front strut done under warranty. That combined with the brand new tires has it riding almost like new with 65k on the clock.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #24 (permalink)

Debating what to do with the center caps and lug nuts. I'm leaning toward leaving the caps alone and going with black lug nuts. Opinions welcome. I don't get offended and appreciate it. I will say I have had more compliments and look overs at this thing than ever before.

A few more pictures..The color is black with 20% sheen.

Before
Old 12-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #25 (permalink)

Love black wheels, see my Accord.

Personally I would add more gloss to them.

Current- 1998 Black Currant Accord EX 4dr 4cyl- KYB GR2 Struts/H&R Sport Springs/Ingalls Camber kit / 17x7 Black Reaction Fuji Wheels

Previous- 1991 Black Accord LX- OEM 95 Accord EX wheels / Apex'i WS2 Exhaust / Cold Air Intake / Eibach Sportline springs / Neuspeed strut bar

pr3rak77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Tetris Champion

Send a message via AIM to Hodog16
Cap is fine, but I would vote for black lug nuts.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodog16 View Post
Cap is fine, but I would vote for black lug nuts.
Agreed on the lugs and leave the caps. Will be doing shortly once I find a set! I think your blue X would look good with black or gunmetal.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #28 (permalink)

I've always been a fan of black rims. Nice choice above but I like just a touch of chrome to set it off.
Also, it's tough for cameras to pick up the details of black wheels. Gotta see em in person to appreciate it.
GeoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #29 (permalink)

I like black wheels depending on the color of the vehicle and was happy when I chose to get my current wheels back in 08... I plan on getting my stockers powder coated either black or a gun-metal gray... Maybe then I might actually put them on and I definitely need to put some miles on those stock tires.
2007 Acura MDX Tech/Ent Package - Dark Cherry Pearl/Ebony, front & rear garnishes, Sport Running Boards, Black 19x8.5 MD1's, Hardwired V1, Limo Tint, SMT LED's for interior and exterior, 6500K HID Headlights & Fogs, XM Sat/Traffic, Rear View Camera Mod, hardwired Proclip, Gentex Mirror, color matched: bumpers, grill, mud flaps, garnishes, SRBís.

MDXers.org "Ride of the Month" April 2010
Drift King is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #30 (permalink)

Need something to break up the black a bit. Powder coated/painted calipers or a pin stripe even. Otherwise it kinda has a government issue/secret sevice look about it.
bb370z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: