MrHeeltoe Intro - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 50
MrHeeltoe Intro

Hi Folks, if you have poked around Acurazine at all you might have heard of me, I am Marcus and I own Heeltoeauto.com. I've been a member here for a while but have only just now begun to post.

I had a 2003 MDX with Nav in the past that was my wife's car. We had to sell it one day which was much to our dismay. However earlier this year we picked up a 2007 Sport Entertainment MDX and are super stoked on it. What a great car!

We have added sport side steps, as well as a trailer hitch/receiver. Also, we added some all-season mats (the carpet ones are for sale in the classifieds now actually).

We picked up a trailer and found that the OEM brakes were really not up to the task so I swapped in some Racingbrake rotors and pads, as well as some Fastline Performance brake lines. Swapped the fluid with some new OEM DOT3 and wow, the MDX brakes a lot better now! We will be offering this kit on our site for sale soon by the way.





I also own a company called ATLP...this is an exhaust company and it specialized in j-pipes and exhausts. The most popular system we offer is a Quad system for the TL Type-S. Recently we had some Accord people looking for a quad system for their car, and I "tested" the quad layout in the oval cutout bumper of the MDX and thought it looked pretty cool. What do you guys think?



Anyway, good to be here! Hoping to get move involved with this community over time!
__________________
www.heeltoeauto.com
MrHeeltoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Snow White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 116
Those will for sure be going on the car when the stock brakes are worn out.

Love the quad exhaust tips.

Would be awesome if you could get a company do develop some springs for the MDX. Nothing crazy, maybe 1-1.5" drop.
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 06:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
TheJimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 156
Welcome! I like those quad exhaust tips..
__________________
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

2012 Acura MDX Tech
Bali Blue/Taupe
Body side molding
Chrome side steps
Cargo cover
Wood grain shift knob
OEM hitch/wiring harness
TheJimbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
BLouIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 44
Cool! Welcome
__________________
2010 CBP MDX Base AWD
2008 ASM FA5 Si Sedan
BLouIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 50
I thought springs would be a little cool also but really have some doubts about who all is going to order them.
__________________
www.heeltoeauto.com
MrHeeltoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Snow White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 116
There's quite a few people interested. We can start a sign up list. I'd put down a deposit. With your resources we could finally get a solution!

2007+ MDX Lowering Solution?// - AcuraZine Community

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/74-2007...g-springs.html
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 46
If Eibach or H&R make them, I'd buy a set DEFINITELY without hesitation. If any other company made them, I would have to research their design and check their calculations before I'd install them. Not to be prude, just very picky for something such as my springs for my mildly customised daily.
__________________
2009 MDX Tech: 3000k HID fogs, Adv. RSB, K&N, ATLP J-Pipe, Dual Magnaflows, 20" Chrome SS/Z28 wheels, UDP, IM Spacer, TL UIM, P2R Thermals, Full Dynomat, WOOD St.Wheel & Shifter
2005 ZX6R: H.o.C. Tangelo w/Black wheels, Jardine RT-1, Jumper Mod, HIDs, Pazzo, Vortex rearsets, BMC Race, PCIII, GPR, V-Stacks, Nissins w/ SS Lines
alcatranz518 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 50
Yeah I have contacts at Eibach. I wanna say they will need an order of 50 people to get it going, but we might only require 2/3 of that in deposits.

I would also be looking to make sure these would be compatible with the delphi shocks...although that might be tough.

Start a list!
__________________
www.heeltoeauto.com
MrHeeltoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe View Post
Yeah I have contacts at Eibach. I wanna say they will need an order of 50 people to get it going, but we might only require 2/3 of that in deposits.

I would also be looking to make sure these would be compatible with the delphi shocks...although that might be tough.

Start a list!
I think we shall

I tried contacting Eibach and H&R with no response a few months back. I am eagerly waiting for springs, and since I am nearing the 100k mark I will be completely servicing/ refreshing the suspension with new bushings and struts as well (Plan on going with KYB GR2, as in the past those teamed with Eibach Pro kits have served very well). I thought at first that since Ridgelines have springs available why shouldn't we, right? Then I realized they are probably dragging their feet b/c of the magnetic responsive "sport" suspension systems the 2007-2009 years and the Advance on the 2010+years. Even though the Tech's suspension systems are different and much more traditional coilover-strut/ spring&strut, I feel they may be concerned with people trying to back-convert..I don't know, just my speculation. Fingers crossed though!

As for the exhaust, I am not a fan of that quad look with the "flow" of the cutout, however, I admit it does have a sporty appeal and has potential to look great. I am familiar with your products and you make nice stuffm I'm eager to see what you can help with for us 2nd gen MDXers. I already upgraded to Magnaflows and custom 2.25" to resonators and it provided a nice improvement (I'd approximate 5-7hp from but dyno) in "free up" of power. I am waiting for a J-Pipe (as are many others on here), as we have a company on here who has one made up for the 2.5gen (2010+), but it has minor differences and doesn't fit the 2007-2009. He has a very nice design, incorporating long tubes to improve flow.

AS for my .02..I would LOVE to see a J-Pipe option that would provide "true duals" and a "x-pipe" for equalization (like a magnaflow 10791) to splice in to the inlet for resonators and eliminate the 3rd cat to provide optimum performance increase and optimum sound. But thats just me
__________________
2009 MDX Tech: 3000k HID fogs, Adv. RSB, K&N, ATLP J-Pipe, Dual Magnaflows, 20" Chrome SS/Z28 wheels, UDP, IM Spacer, TL UIM, P2R Thermals, Full Dynomat, WOOD St.Wheel & Shifter
2005 ZX6R: H.o.C. Tangelo w/Black wheels, Jardine RT-1, Jumper Mod, HIDs, Pazzo, Vortex rearsets, BMC Race, PCIII, GPR, V-Stacks, Nissins w/ SS Lines
alcatranz518 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
omnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 132
wow, those brake kit looks cool, might look into when time to replace
__________________
2012 MDX-Tech - Grigio/Ebony
2006 TL - WDP/Ebony
omnuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 02:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
symmetrical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 273
Welcome Mr Heel Toe.

I am a fan of quad exhaust tips, but not necessarily the way you have them cut. Perhaps a thicker tip similar to the stock tips would be nice.

Otherwise I am interested in a J-Pipe to give my MDX a little bit more oomph.
__________________
2008 Billet Silver MDX w/ 2010 front conversion
2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport (Wife's)
2003 Nissan 350Z TT (Retired Garage Queen)
symmetrical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 03:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Queens,Ny
Posts: 12
I would be interested in a lowering my X also ... I'm currently in the market for some vosson cocave wheels so lowering my X would make it look much more aggressive
SuadM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcatranz518 View Post
I think we shall

I tried contacting Eibach and H&R with no response a few months back. I am eagerly waiting for springs, and since I am nearing the 100k mark I will be completely servicing/ refreshing the suspension with new bushings and struts as well (Plan on going with KYB GR2, as in the past those teamed with Eibach Pro kits have served very well). I thought at first that since Ridgelines have springs available why shouldn't we, right? Then I realized they are probably dragging their feet b/c of the magnetic responsive "sport" suspension systems the 2007-2009 years and the Advance on the 2010+years. Even though the Tech's suspension systems are different and much more traditional coilover-strut/ spring&strut, I feel they may be concerned with people trying to back-convert..I don't know, just my speculation. Fingers crossed though!

As for the exhaust, I am not a fan of that quad look with the "flow" of the cutout, however, I admit it does have a sporty appeal and has potential to look great. I am familiar with your products and you make nice stuffm I'm eager to see what you can help with for us 2nd gen MDXers. I already upgraded to Magnaflows and custom 2.25" to resonators and it provided a nice improvement (I'd approximate 5-7hp from but dyno) in "free up" of power. I am waiting for a J-Pipe (as are many others on here), as we have a company on here who has one made up for the 2.5gen (2010+), but it has minor differences and doesn't fit the 2007-2009. He has a very nice design, incorporating long tubes to improve flow.

AS for my .02..I would LOVE to see a J-Pipe option that would provide "true duals" and a "x-pipe" for equalization (like a magnaflow 10791) to splice in to the inlet for resonators and eliminate the 3rd cat to provide optimum performance increase and optimum sound. But thats just me
I think it will be tough for me to justify making springs for non-Sports since I don't have one. I HOPE it doesn't mean 2 different applications! The part numbers for OEM are different, as are the general assemblies...I guess it would come down to who got more votes, mangeto- or non-. Of course if there is enough of either it could mean an application for both. We shall see.

I am well aware of Richie's design. Actually we sell them! For the TLs anyway. The long tubes are nice for torque but we have found they can induce a raspy tone on other cars. Also for optimal torque they need not be as long as he has them. WE prefer designs where the stock converter can be kept in place. In fact the existing ATLP design with shorter tubes has shown to produce more power above 4000 RPM, which might be a good advantage in some applications.

I want to get a baseline dyno of my MDX this week and see what we can do.

For the muffler section I see little advantage in changing out the resonators. Rather we are going to do from the rear of the resonators. The middle section on this system is designed fairly well as is to be honest and those resonators are not restrictive. My changing mufflers we are more looking for increased sound and better look. The resonators will keep the sound in check so as not to be obnoxious.


Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetrical View Post
Welcome Mr Heel Toe.

I am a fan of quad exhaust tips, but not necessarily the way you have them cut. Perhaps a thicker tip similar to the stock tips would be nice.

Otherwise I am interested in a J-Pipe to give my MDX a little bit more oomph.
Those are just for mock-up. The actual tips we use are custom made, very nicely finished pieces:
__________________
www.heeltoeauto.com
MrHeeltoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 48
Hi Marcus, glad to see you over here. We recently picked up an MDX also.

For those who aren't aware, Marcus has been in the Honda Acura community for years. You can search and find several of his threads with many vouches out there.

I can't wait to see what you have in store for MDX mods. The right quad tip would look great. I think we need more pics to evaluate.
PininFarina456 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 50
Nealy 11 years to be exact

I am HOPING to have a prototype on my MDX next week!
__________________
www.heeltoeauto.com
MrHeeltoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Copyright 2000-2010 MDXers.org. All Rights Reserved.