Snow White - The Fairest of Them All - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-2-mdx View Post
the tires look great, clean and shiny but surely not greesy/oily. how long does the shine last? never used this product. did you get it locally or online?
Thank you. Yes, that is exactly why I like it. I never really pay attention how long it lasts. If it doesn't rain it'll stay fairly shiny the entire time but after the first big rain, the car is usually dirty to warrant a wash so having shiny tires doesn't help lol. This is based on my black Accord.

I believe that you can buy it at Pep Boys. I get it through a friend of mine who buys his detailing equipment by the gallon as he does it professionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flnycus View Post
wow looks great. Tires look really nice, i usually go with Black magic tire foam makes all my trucks look awesome and lasts forever even after a few rainstorms but i recently switched to 303 aerospace protectant. Hear its the best thing for tires (to keep the rubber like new as opposed to "looking" new.) as it doesnt use silicone which can make them rot and protects against UV. Must admit its a pain to rub down though compared to just spraying the wet foam and doesnt last as long. Just thought id share. :P
My buddy has 303 in his arsenal of detailing products and he loves it. I haven't used it but wouldn't be adverse to it.
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #17 (permalink)

Here is the hog filling up. Drank premium at 19.4MPG this tank.

Also washer her again today and put on the winter tires. The accessory wheels make the wheel wobble on the freeway which my wife failed to notice lol. Couldn't let that stand. Next year they're getting new tires anyway.

You can also somewhat see the running boards I installed.

Cell phone pic again

Old 11-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #18 (permalink)

love the sports running boards!
8-2-mdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #19 (permalink)

Had a friend of mine, get the MDX ready to get through the winter. One stage polish on the hood and a sealer on the paint. Next spring the MDX will get full paint correction.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

Hello snow white, great pics. In the first few pics you have different rims, can you provide details on size and brand?

Thanks,
Old 11-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #21 (permalink)

sports running boards are nice. Any advantage over the advanced running boards (that are wider)?
8-2-mdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #22 (permalink)

Looks nice, but all MDXs look bald without the roof rack!
kokerj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #23 (permalink)

We would have gotten white exterior, but it is not offered in black interior. I hate Honda/Acura for their choice of color combinations.
opus360 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aucjmo22 View Post
Hello snow white, great pics. In the first few pics you have different rims, can you provide details on size and brand?

Thanks,
They are the Acura accessory wheels 19x8.5 +45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-2-mdx View Post
sports running boards are nice. Any advantage over the advanced running boards (that are wider)?
I didn't really consider them because I wasn't aware of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokerj View Post
Looks nice, but all MDXs look bald without the roof rack!
I prefer the clean look but will most likely get a rack on it for hauling application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus360 View Post
We would have gotten white exterior, but it is not offered in black interior. I hate Honda/Acura for their choice of color combinations.
Yes, I agree. Very few Honda/Acura you can get with a white exterior and a black interior and even then, it's rare.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

I've been meaning to update this for a while...on Dec 30th a crazy lunatic side swiped my wife's car while changing lanes. We pulled over (I was in my Accord) and while I was waiting for him to pull out his insurance information, I got a picture of his plate. Being in the road he suggested we pull into a parking lot which was fine by me. After pulling into a parking lot, he decides to book it. Gen was on the phone with the cops almost immediately after the accident so she was able to have them find the guy relatively quickly.

Car is in the shop and will be getting a new quarter panel, wheel is being reconditioned, alignment will be performed, and the bumper is repairable. Damage estimate is around $2100 right now and should be done between Wednesday and Friday next week.

Here is the aftermath...

Old 01-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

Also, received our plate a while ago...

Old 01-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #27 (permalink)

Well I'm happy that you and your wife are o.k. and you ended getting the SOB that tried to run away. I's like to know if the Acura dealership gets you original Acura parts.
Good-luck!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #28 (permalink)

Yes, good call on grabbing the license plate! What was his reaction when he was tracked down? Total a-hole.
hl126 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #29 (permalink)

Not sure what his reaction was because we were at two different places. Must have been pretty bad though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: