Need a new MDX - wait for the 2014? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Need a new MDX - wait for the 2014?

If i knew it was available in April, I'd wait.... If it's next October, I'll buy something else now. Any educated guesses on when the new model (2014) design will actually be delivered to a buyer?

We're replacing an Odyssey so we'd love the 2014 - we hear it's going to be a little longer/bigger.
cwpomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwpomeroy View Post
If i knew it was available in April, I'd wait.... If it's next October, I'll buy something else now. Any educated guesses on when the new model (2014) design will actually be delivered to a buyer?

We're replacing an Odyssey so we'd love the 2014 - we hear it's going to be a little longer/bigger.
Most likely, MDX will be revealed in April 2013, and go on sale in November 2013.
2001 Acura MDX
sgtglok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Considering it will be the first year of a major redesign, I don't recommend getting a 2014 model, I would wait until at least the 2015 model personally (especially if they make the changes to the AWD system like I have read they might).

New - 12 MDX Advance CBP/Ebony, silver roof rack with crossbars, towing package, Advance running boards, back up sensors, BSM, window tint, Acura remote starter and full size spare.
timbrwolf9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hmmm. I really wanted that little bit of extra space, slightly better MPG and updated consumer electronics.. hard drive music, etc.. But good advice to avoid a first year model.

Anyone compare this to the Lexus GX or the Infinity?

I should note we have a 2004 MDX that we love... the current model just seems 'smaller'....
Old 10-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmmm. I really wanted that little bit of extra space, slightly better MPG and updated consumer electronics.. hard drive music, etc.. But good advice to avoid a first year model.

I should note we have a 2004 MDX that we love... the current model just seems 'smaller'....
Actually the current model has more room in 2nd row than the 1st Gen models had. It also has more cargo space.

One thing I don't like on the Lexus GX is the swing out cargo door instead of swing up. To me it is easier to load things with the door up especially if it is raining or such.

New - 12 MDX Advance CBP/Ebony, silver roof rack with crossbars, towing package, Advance running boards, back up sensors, BSM, window tint, Acura remote starter and full size spare.
timbrwolf9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

agree with the swing door. nuts for people with groceries. I guess it's the infinity or the mdx then.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

Infinity... That's if you have some really really really special tastes when it comes to the exterior of a vehicle.

And I think the Lexus RX is the MDX's competitor isn't it?
symmetrical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

The RX is the smaller 5 seat lexus. Had one of those 10 years ago. Not bad. But not big enough for us. We need at least 6 seats in a pinch.

Infinty - I hear you. Pretty ugly. But I don't do german and my domestic supervisor nixed the Buick. doesn't leave much.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

costco auto site is showing a $3k cash to dealer program thru end of october. anyone know if that's true and if we should buy now and use that in the nego or wait for end of year 'deals'?

also, when we bought our honda minivan i bought a factory extended warrenty thru another honda dealer at a huge discount from what my local dealer would see it to me for. do acura dealers do the same thing?
Old 10-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Good luck, I was introduced to a 2013 60th anniversary corvette w/500hp+ today. $92k. Just trucked up from a NJ testing track and Consumer reports testing review. Who, what, when, where or why would one pay 92.5K including a optional 3k carbon fiber option package. I guess some on the several corvette forums might know why.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

And there is a new Corvette being introduced shortly.
Now should you wait for that?
boston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 04:11 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
costco auto site is showing a $3k cash to dealer program thru end of october. anyone know if that's true and if we should buy now and use that in the nego or wait for end of year 'deals'?

also, when we bought our honda minivan i bought a factory extended warrenty thru another honda dealer at a huge discount from what my local dealer would see it to me for. do acura dealers do the same thing?
I think it wouldn't hurt too much if you wait either way though. Once the 2014 MDX's roll out, theoretically the price on the 2013s will drop. So if for some reason you don't like the new 2014, you could always opt for a 2013 for cheaper. I'm being optimistic though lol
Old 10-24-2012, 04:12 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolt View Post
Good luck, I was introduced to a 2013 60th anniversary corvette w/500hp+ today. $92k. Just trucked up from a NJ testing track and Consumer reports testing review. Who, what, when, where or why would one pay 92.5K including a optional 3k carbon fiber option package. I guess some on the several corvette forums might know why.
Wow... For $92.5K I'd look for a used ZR1 instead.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

There's no way to know about intro date, since Honda is notoriously secretive. Clues: the 2013 is basically unchanged and quickly falling behind competitors in tech, which was always its strong suit. And current spy shots show a complete vehicle. That leads me to think it will be available sooner, maybe early summer. But Acura has several big introductions already announced for Spring, which may make the MDX more likely for Fall. Either way, symmetrical is right-- you'll get a good deal starting at the end of this year into Spring for a 2013. Or get a leftover 2012 now.

(retired)
2005 Acura MDX Steel Blue/Ebony Touring w/Nav
2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
1998 Mercury Mountaineer
1995 Chevy Blazer
1985 Volvo 240 Wagon
td284 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

If you can wait for 2 years, then see 2014 MDX after it comes out, and decide then. If you thinking about getting one sooner, I suggest you check out all 3 in person: GX, JX35, and MDX.

My take on 3:

GX is Toyota's off-road SUV in Lexus disguise. It's nice inside, hideous (to me) outside, and drives like a truck. Although electronic nannies keep it stable on the road, the amount of nose dive and isolated drive + no trunk space left with 3rd row seats up = Back to MDX. I dumped 2010 RX350 for it.

I did not even go check JX. It looks wrong and CVT is boring. Some tech in it is nice, but comes at a cost. IMO, a very boring vehicle.

Between 2012 and 2013 MDX, I would get 2012 if you looking to get one with the navi. The navi in 2013s is locked for editing while driving.
2001 Acura MDX
sgtglok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: