Power Steering Pump Warranty Extension - Page 4 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken88 View Post
I have a 2008 MDX and live in Canada. I am not experiencing any problems with the hard steering for now. Is it a good idea to have the power steering pump replaced now? Is the dealer under any obligation to replace it even if the steering is fine now? Thank you all for your input.
just complain about it. did you get the letter for that or the software update?
5abi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDX-SH-AWD View Post
Power Steering TSB attached, going to the dealer to look at this in the morning.
thanks. do you or anyone else have the same thing for software update for tranny that just got released recently? thnaks
5abi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #48 (permalink)

I did get the letters regarding the stiff power steering issue and the software update for the torque converter. I called the dealer about the power steering issue but he told me as I am not experiencing any problem now, there is no need to do anything. The software update has been done.
ken88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken88 View Post
I did get the letters regarding the stiff power steering issue and the software update for the torque converter. I called the dealer about the power steering issue but he told me as I am not experiencing any problem now, there is no need to do anything. The software update has been done.
Get them to test drive it. I didn't notice it, but my wife did. After a test drive the mechanic suggested getting the work done.

Remember, Acura dealers make no money when they do warranty work, so yes, he will tell you not to bring your truck in.
When my buddy worked for an Acura dealership, he found out that the dealership will get "rewards" for doing the least amount of warranty work compared to other Acura dealerships.
racerboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #50 (permalink)

hello friends, I own a 2008 Sport MDX. Got my power steering pump replaced as a part of the new extended warranty. but i still feel/hear the grumbling of the steering wheel when stationary and the steering is hard at low speeds. honestly, do you think it improved the steering situation in your cases?
2008 MDX_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #51 (permalink)

Fix Worked Well

Had the PS pump replaced Friday. Had a loud resonant whine when turning, driving and turning wheel while stationary. Pump was replaced under warranty and the difference is like night and day. Annoying sound is gone, steering is much better. Power steering no longer cuts out when parking as well.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:25 AM   #52 (permalink)

OK. so the power steering pump replacing fixed the hard/stiff steering problem in almost every 2007-2009 MDXer? I guess, I am the only unlucky guy who is still experiencing the hard steering even after the fix. I like the feel of the steering at high speeds, but not at slow speeds. Can anyone tell me if I can get my ease my steering wheel a little bit, like at low speed/rpm? If I can, what options/fixes I need to look at? can the stealer suggest/fix anything?
2008 MDX_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #53 (permalink)

Had mine replaced yesterday....not much of a difference, but the nice thing is they are extending that warranty out til 160,000kms....
Still haven't resolved my torque converter issue though after my software update..they say its fine....
gitchies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: