Pwr Locks, Pwr Mirrors, Pwr Liftgate, Fuel Filler Door, Dvr Pos Mem All Quit Working - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #16 (permalink)

I do not believe I have done the MPCS input test. If you could get me that procedure it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
KC07MDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

PM me with your email address and I will send you a pdf of the test procedure
Advance Running Boards
Body Side Moldings
Cargo Cover
Door Edge Films
Cargo Liner
K&N
Acura Trailer Package
All Season Mats
Trunk Liner
Cargo Tray
sigp228 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

Had the same issue on my 2007 MDX Tech/Ent and it was the multiplex unit inside the cabin
haileyian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #19 (permalink)

I did not get a chance to perform the MPCS test procedure because I decided to take the vehicle to the dealer first thing this morning. Just got a call from the service advisor that a damaged harness (3-4 wires broken and some other pins loose) at a connector. It sounds like the connector in the drivers door at the end of the wires that come from the front fender through the drivers door. I think I will pay a visit to my service department at lunch to take a look for myself. I'll keep you posted.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

It's odd that the connector would break unless it had been taken off or damaged some how (its possible it was damaged during install at the factory and took this long to start causing problems). Are you the original owner of this X? If not, wondering if the car had been in an accident near the drivers door/fender area? Or like I said, could have been a bad factory install and/or defective connector that just took a while to break enough to cause problems?
Advance Running Boards
Body Side Moldings
Cargo Cover
Door Edge Films
Cargo Liner
K&N
Acura Trailer Package
All Season Mats
Trunk Liner
Cargo Tray
Old 08-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #21 (permalink)

Just got back from my investigation at the dealership. I will have to say I was pretty impressed, so far, with the technician that is working on my vehicle. He showed me exactly where the issues were. He said everthing inside the driver door appeared to be intact. What he found was about what I was explaining previously. From what I could tell from the parts diagram on line I believe the part number is 32757-STX-A00 which is the sub-wire that runs between the driver door and into the car under the dash. The location where the wires are broken is right at the connector that plugs into the drivers door. I thought the wires went through the door and the connnection was made inside the door, but the actual design is for the connection to be made right at the front edge of the door so you don't have to remove the interior door panel to get to the connection. This design is good for replacing the sub-wires but puts a lot of back and forth bending, by opeinng and closing the door, right where the wires come out of the sub-wire connector. Over time three or four wires have broken right at the connector and there are a number of other ones that are very loose.

I did have the dealership go ahead and order the part and at this time I am planning to have them do the work; however, I am considering doing it myself. I know making the connection at the door is a piece of cake, but I'm not for sure how difficult it is to get the wire trained through the driver kick panel area and to its' final connection point under the dash (doesn't appear to be too far inside the car according to the parts diagram).

Thanks for all your thoughts and assistance with this.

BTW...I am not the original owner of the vehicle. We bought it with about 25,000 miles on it. It currently has about 140,000 miles on the odometer. For the most part it has been a fairly reliable machine.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #22 (permalink)

Yes they are very reliable. I am going to be getting rid of mine and getting a minivan and I am leaning towards the Odyssey feeling that the quality should be the same as the MDX. I would let the dealer do the work since most dealers warranty the work for 1 yr or 12k miles. A little extra piece of mind.
Advance Running Boards
Body Side Moldings
Cargo Cover
Door Edge Films
Cargo Liner
K&N
Acura Trailer Package
All Season Mats
Trunk Liner
Cargo Tray
Old 08-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #23 (permalink)

Final update: It did end up being the connector. As soon as it was replaced all systems function as they should. Good as new, but with 140,000 miles on it.

Thanks to everyone for your assitance.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC07MDX View Post
I jumpered the MCIC socket in the under dash fuse panel and retrieved the B-Can diagnostic codes. There were a number of them and they are as follows:

B1013 PA10
B1015 PA10
B1065 PA11
Are these codes red by ODB scan tool?

I have very similar issues with 2008MDX plus clock screen and radio screen are blank. However the radio/CD still work but without displaying anything on radio screen, climate control waors and does display all the usual info on a radio screen. The car can not be locked/unlocked unless I use manual lock switch on each door.

Thanks
vash68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #25 (permalink)

Reviving an old thread! Just had this happen to my '09MDX. Power windows, door locks, turns signals, power tailgate, sunroof, and key fob don't work. I'm sure there are a few other things, but that's what I found so far. Any help? Multiplex unit? Any ideas, it's appreciated!!
Revive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash68 View Post
Are these codes red by ODB scan tool?

I have very similar issues with 2008MDX plus clock screen and radio screen are blank. However the radio/CD still work but without displaying anything on radio screen, climate control waors and does display all the usual info on a radio screen. The car can not be locked/unlocked unless I use manual lock switch on each door.

Thanks
Did you finally figure out your problem? I am having this exact same thing on my 2007 MDX. I had originally thought it to be the MICU. I replaced it and everything worked for about 5 days. Now It's doing the exact same thing before. However, it was sporadic before the replacement so I'm not conviced that was the issue and it failed again.... I'm planning on swapping out my cheap-arse autozone battery for a genuine honda one that is rated for the vehicle ( I know... but at this point frustration is leading the charge!). And I may swap out the door connect as I can see exposed wires from the backside of the connector, which leads me to believe there may be a loose connection. Its only $20 part so why not at this point.
Gooser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigp228 View Post
Yes they are very reliable. I am going to be getting rid of mine and getting a minivan and I am leaning towards the Odyssey feeling that the quality should be the same as the MDX. I would let the dealer do the work since most dealers warranty the work for 1 yr or 12k miles. A little extra piece of mind.
My Dad bought his ody in 2005 and still owns it - -0- issues with it and he has almost 100k miles on it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: