Bluetooth on my 07 stop responding today, any idea to troubleshoot it? - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to m500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHMDX View Post
The hands free quit working in my wife’s 07 MDX. If the button on the steering wheel is pushed, there is no response from the system.

Can anyone identify the component that needs replaced for the repair, so that I can do it myself?
My was the bluetooth module that failed according to the dealership. The unit it self its pretty big and cost $225.00 part alone.
2006 Lexus LS430 Sport
m500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 01:09 AM   #17 (permalink)

Last month, I was away for few days and when we came back, the battery was dead on my wife's 2007 MDX. I bought a new battery and for one reason or another, the HFL bluetooth stopped working. When you press the talk button, nothing happens. I took the car to the dealer and they were nice to re set it for free (not sure what they did). However, it worked for few hours and it was dead again. Took it back again to the dealer and because my car was out of warranty, they wanted to run a troubleshooting which basically cost $80 to do. The service guy said then, he can not guarantee that this will solve the problem. At that point, I started looking into the forums and realized replacing it was the best option I have. We have 2 Acura dealers in town and I asked both about the cost to buy new HFL and both quote $650 for the part (39770-STX-C01) plus another $80 for the labour. This is the Canadian part and the part number is different from the American (39770-STX-A01) where C replaces A. I found the American part on line with a price tag of $200 (shipped) but I was afraid that it wont match the car. I asked the dealer and he said he can't really tell if it would work or not. Finally I bought it from the online Curry Acura Parts Store and the guys there told me if it didn't work, just ship it back and they will refund me. I took the part to the dealer and they installed it and its been working perfectly since then.
Zayndaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
TJK

I have this problem and want to replace the HFL unit, but I can't find a good source for the part. Ebay didn't have any listed. Any suggestions for where to get the part?
TJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2012, 01:34 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJK View Post
I have this problem and want to replace the HFL unit, but I can't find a good source for the part. Ebay didn't have any listed. Any suggestions for where to get the part?
Not trying to advertise here but this is where I bought from.

2007 ACURA MDX Parts - CurryAcuraParts4Less
Zayndaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #20 (permalink)

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayndaddy View Post
Not trying to advertise here but this is where I bought from.

2007 ACURA MDX Parts - CurryAcuraParts4Less
Thanks for your post, but i have one more question:

Does the american HFL (-A01) supports french language?

Simon
sbilodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #21 (permalink)

Can anyone tell me what the 3 button thing is? My button still works but when I go to pair, it never finds the phone. It was working fine. then for a few days the phone would connect about half of the time and then it just stopped working. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Why0Why is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #22 (permalink)

Ronlatta. You said that you removed the cover from the rear control panel and then removed and replaced the connector from the HFL unit.
Can you ( or anyone else ) tell me where this control panel is in the car? I want to try this before going to the dealer. I have the Acura extended warranty, but the service guy says that if they diagnose and the problem is not covered, they want to charge me $50.00 or so for their diagnostic time. PeteM
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #23 (permalink)

My 2007 recognizes the phone sometimes, doesn't other times.

Dealer found no issues.

I just live with it.

1997 3.2 TL, Traded at 175,000 miles
1996 CL Coupe, traded at 12,000 miles
1987 Honda Accord, Sold at 265,000 miles
Also own a 1987 3813 Honda Tractor, runs like a top...
barnowl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #24 (permalink)

Completed my appointment today for the same HFL failure. Steering wheel button does nothing.
Response on work sheet: Contacted extended warranty, Part is not covered estimate to replace $325.05 + tax.

Time to DIY this HFL module.

Collie
95 Volvo 850 Turbo
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #25 (permalink)

Replace HFL module

Replaced the faulty HFT module today. I tried to trouble shoot it one more time before changing it, no change. I removed the rear AC panel, disconnected the various plugs and 3 hold-down screws. The faulty unit was hot and drained the battery so I had to jump the X after installing the new module.

The Hands Free is back in action and the wife is all smiles. The HFT module came from westchesteracura online $169.75 total. This included a $5.03 discount which help out with handling fee.

The top shows the insides and the bottom is the new unit, which could have also been made in Mexico.
Attached Thumbnails
Bluetooth on my 07 stop responding today, any idea to troubleshoot it?-image.jpg  
95 Volvo 850 Turbo
Old 10-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

the HFL in my 07 just died last week. looks like i know what i need to do.

any chance of getting one of these from the junk yard? did every Gen-2 MDX have HFL, or just some?

does anyone know what is failing? is it just one chip on the board? my brother-in-law is an electrical engineer and repairs non-working electronics all the time with a cheap resistor or something all the time..
fritzner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #27 (permalink)

The junk yard will be questionable as you will not be familiar with the history of the vehicle. Its worth a try to have your in-law check out the faulty module.
95 Volvo 850 Turbo
Old 10-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #28 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Just replaced my Bluetooth Unit too.

It first starting acting weird. While driving the system out of the blue would tell me I could not use the pairing process while driving. Then the battery went dead. I knew where to turn because of this thread.

Now the new Bluetooth unit is a woman's voice. The previous one was a man's voice. But my HFL is back now.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Rusich Send a message via Skype™ to Rusich
I also replaced the module. Changes very easily.

Rusich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #30 (permalink)

I can confirm that this is an easy DIY fix. Part ran $200, took no more than 15 minutes to replace.
thechief16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: