Rearview camera resolution. - Page 2 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiliswene View Post
On your MDX you can adjust the brightness and the zoom level by turning and pushing the knob.
True, but it's still a very mediocre picture even after brightening it up all the way. MDX is the only vehicle in my stable (with a cam) that you really can't see clearly backing out of the garage. I'm very sure it's a lighting problem as the backup lights really don't light up anything...but i've got too many projects ahead of this one. If someone finds a good solution please follow-up!
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #17 (permalink)

My '11 Toyota 4runner had the backup camera in the rearview mirror and it was much, much better than the MDX's camera on the big nav screen. for an extra 10 grand, i was hoping for a better camera.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #18 (permalink)

Does anyone know if the trailer tow harness has a "reverse" feed? If so then it could be used to power a separate mounted reverse light for added illumination for the camera.

2010 MDX Advance, Ent.
2005 RL
DB22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #19 (permalink)

There is even a small camera display boost mode(only at night time) if you push the small button that turns off the navigation(even when the brightness knob is at maximum). Though, since the MDX integrated reverse light does not point down, there is no good lighting for the camera, and though it helps, it is still mediocre but better than nothing.

I am still trying to find a small good-looking/disguised light fixture that can be installed in the tow hitch and when connected to the towing harness, it can provide enough light down below the rear MDX area for the camera to work appropriately. Overall the OEM camera seems to work ok when there is enough light to do it's job.

AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiliswene View Post
On your MDX you can adjust the brightness and the zoom level by turning and pushing the knob.
... side windows acrylic deflectors,
... Michelin Latitude Tour HP 275/45R19
2010 Acura TL Tech.
2001 Mercedes ML 320
2005 Mercedes ML 500 AMG Package
AC_MDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: