Grigio or Polished Metal Metallic? - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-30-2010, 03:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Grigio or Polished Metal Metallic?

Whether you have these colors or not, what do you like about these colors, what do you not like?

I'd prefer a dark gray with bluish tint. Grigio seems to have a brown tint. PMM, not sure.

Thanks
Victor10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to rreimann Send a message via MSN to rreimann
those are the two colors I liked best. I ended up with Grigio and it does look sweet with the advance wheels. A rich color, I'd say more of a warm grey.

A little different than all the silver / black / white / grey that you see running around.
2010 MDX Advance Ent Grigio/taupe, wood wheel, shift knob, 3M hood mirror door edge protection, black roof rails, body side mouldings, trifold trunk mat, all weather mats, Acura 5k hitch package, Steely dan Gaucho DVD-A
rreimann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees a bit of a brown tint in the Grigio Metallic. That's what I have, incidentally. When I was car shopping, I told my wife that I'd love to get something in a deep, espresso-like brown...when I couldn't find any cars that I liked in that color (other than the Designo espresso that Mercedes used to offer), I went with the ol' standby, gray. So I was most pleased when I started seeing a hints of brown.

I almost got Polished Metal Metallic, but ended up going with the Grigio Metallic because the PMM's price was $1100(!) higher because it had the chrome roof rails & rack. I'm very glad that happened, because I've found that I prefer the Grigio. However, the PMM's not bad...it looks to me like a lighter version of the Grigio minus the brown tint. However, after seeing a bunch of both "in the wild", I think my second choice after the Grigio Metallic would be the Crystal Black Pearl.
ChicagoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have been driving a grigio 2011 loaner for a week and I have gotten 5 compliments on the color. There is a hint of brown but it is pleasing.
1990 Legend Coupe LS (blown up)
jdfsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2010, 10:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Grigio chameleon

I have a 2010 Grigio MDX. One month in it... Traded a 2005 Anthrecite TL that was a little too bland/brick gray... I liked the Grigio color in the showroom - it looked carbon-like. A nice rich/dark gray. It was not until a week after, on a sunny day, that I noticed the color had a very subtle brown in it. It's a nice effect.

The color is chameleon-like. On cloudy days... It is a carbon gray... On sunny days - almost a bronze tinge within a deep gray.

I like it and, unlike any car I've owned, people have complimented the color.
lumpydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2010, 03:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

When we first started shopping a few months back, I literally could not tell the difference between Grigio and PMM. We finally saw an Advance Grigio MDX and my wife thought it was the classiest color available, especially with the Advance wheels. We ended up buying it a few days later. It is to this day, the only Grigio Advance model we have seen, and there are tons of MDX's where we live. The PMM is far more common a color.
1998 Toyota 4Runner
wantsti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

The Girgio does have a hint of burnt in it. I would have prefered the lighter color, but my wife wanted black pearl, so she won out.

Light colors I think hide "dirt" better so even if lightly dirty, you don't see it immediately like black.
Teg2Xer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have Grigio 2010 with Tech and love it. Very Rich looking color.
robdam1001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 11:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Polish metal if I were to pick between the 2.

Did you buy it yet?
2003 Acura MDX Touring (Sold) hit by another vehicle
Will4271 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #10 (permalink)

Grigio or Polished Metal Metallic?

I haven't bought yet.
Thanks for all your thoughts on the color. The problem I have is that the dealership is a fair distance away, so I don't have lots of chances to compare colors. Grigio, or any color for that matter, can change based on sunny or overcast conditions. I saw it in bright sun, but wonder how it looks in other conditions.

I saw what appread to be PMM on the road in overcast conditions and it looked kind of dull, sort of primer gray colored. But then Grigio might have also looked dull in those conditions.
Victor10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Grigio was my second choice. Originally wanted the boring silver (Palladium Metallic) but the dealer didn't have it in stock. Grigio is beautiful when it's clean. Pretty ghetto looking when it starts getting dirty. Really have to dry it after a wash. Doesn't hide scratches well either. Lighter colors hide scratches better.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

I will have to say I agree on when it gets dirty. Have had the loaner for over a week. Put 1k miles on it. It is dirty and looks it. Great looking when clean but you really notice when it is dirty.
1990 Legend Coupe LS (blown up)
jdfsu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Maybe white color cars hides the scratches better. My silver one isn't that good at that.
2003 Acura MDX Touring (Sold) hit by another vehicle
Will4271 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'd say the Polished Metal Metallic as it looks a bit more modern and I can see more of a bluish tint to it. BTW The Crystal Black Pearl looks nice at first but if you take it through a lot of automatic car washes with bristles, then it will be a mess in no time. Now I am going to put zaino on mine to get rid of the scratches and make it look good again. If you get it, either hand wash it or use a touch less car wash and hand dry it as the workers tend to do a lackluster job at it.
Ferrari13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Great thread, gang! I was wondering the same thing myself. I stopped at a dealer here near when the sun was starting to set last night and the blazing Houston sun reflecting off both of the two "greys" clearly showed the brownish tint for the Grigio and the bluish cast to the PMM. I'm trying to decide between PMM and the Crystal Black. Thanks for the thoughts on the non-brushless car washes being bad karma for the black. I think I am leaning towards PMM more now, even though the black looks SPECTACULAR when clean. I hope to buy within the next few hours if my dealer can come through on the price and trade-in. *fingers crossed*

Regards,
Jeff
SliderJeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: