"Check Battery Sensor" - MDX 2010 - Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Auto Loans Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance
MDXers.org is the premier Acura MDX Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question "Check Battery Sensor" - MDX 2010

This error message "Check Battery Sensor" appears on my new MDX 2010 with only 3,000 miles. I checked the battery there was no corrosion.
I took the car to the dealer and they did checkup and said the battery was OK and it is safe to drive, it might be the sensors. So they ordered the sensors. I have to wait to see if changing the sensors will solve the problem.

Anybody has similar experience? I was a bit surprised to get such a problem after just 3K miles.

Any input is appreciated.
parism is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
skw

I've had the check/low battery (can't remember exact wording, the one where it tells you to turn off the heated seats and other acc) msg 3 times and only have 1300 miles on our X. The 1st time and this last time dealer used some kind of meter on the battery itself and said it was good Just another issue we're keeping an eye on.

Retired: '10 MDX Tech, '08 Honda Accord LX, '06 Nissan Xterra S 4wd 6spd manual, '00 Nissan Xterra X 5spd manual, '98 BMW 528i, '95 Mazda Millenia
skw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skw View Post
I've had the check/low battery (can't remember exact wording, the one where it tells you to turn off the heated seats and other acc) msg 3 times and only have 1300 miles on our X. The 1st time and this last time dealer used some kind of meter on the battery itself and said it was good Just another issue we're keeping an eye on.
thanks for your reply. In my case, the message "Check Battery Sensor" appears as long as the car is on. I hope changing the sensor can correct it.

the battery management system seems new for mdx 2010, there may be some glitches, I guess we may have "won" a battery lotto, :-). "New for 2010, the MDX has a Power Management System that can help prevent the inconvenience of a dead or weak battery. The system will shut down accessories if it detects the battery may soon be too weak to start the engine."
parism is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
skw

The "IT guy" at our dealer mentioned it most likely being an issue w/ the sensor but as of right now Acura doesn't have a solution nor an answer on what the problem is. Hence they don't want to replace the sensor as it may not resolve the issue. Rather, they want us to keep track on when it comes up so they can see if there's a pattern. So yeah, us 2010 owners are the guinea pigs.

Retired: '10 MDX Tech, '08 Honda Accord LX, '06 Nissan Xterra S 4wd 6spd manual, '00 Nissan Xterra X 5spd manual, '98 BMW 528i, '95 Mazda Millenia
skw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

The MDX with Advance/Tech Pkg I took for a test drive today had this warning displayed on the dash. I asked the Sales Mgr about it and he brushed it off telling me that they just needed to reset the warning. I wouldn't have thought twice about seeing it until I stumbled across this thread. So it's on ongoing issue/bug? I assume that Acura is aware of this? any idea on a fix for it?
robdam1001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

This is a major issue that Acura has no clue how to fix. I too have had this "Battery Charge Low" warning come up several times and I just bought this vehicle at the end of January. They first thought it was the battery and just gave me a new battery. Then a few weeks later the warning came back again. The next day tried to start the MDX and it would not start. I had it jumped and took it to the service department. Service determined I did not have a problem. So I went back to pick up the car and I started it up at the dealer and what do you know that light came back on. So I left it there for them to "fix." They replaced some battery cable and thought the problem was fixed. So I picked the car up and took it out of town. While I was on my trip this same light came back on and the next morning my car was dead. I then had it jumped and drove back. About a week later the same light appeared and my battery was dead the next day. I made the service department come and tow the MDX in and still a month later the problem has not been fixed.
jyork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

My 2010 acura MDX also displayed the "Check Battery Sensor" error. It only has 2000 miles on it thus far. I'm going to take it into the dealership next week.
jaymxd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

I just had this light come on this morning...2010 with 11k miles. Funny thing is (sort of) I was on my way to the dealership already for the third attempt to fix my driver window screech (screeches when opening). Will be picking up the car later.
Kevinmr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

There's a TSB for this issue, unfortunately the Honda site has changed again and we do not have access to it. Going from memory, there's a sensor near the battery that's faulty and is replaced.
sand wedge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parism View Post
thanks for your reply. In my case, the message "Check Battery Sensor" appears as long as the car is on. I hope changing the sensor can correct it.

the battery management system seems new for mdx 2010, there may be some glitches, I guess we may have "won" a battery lotto, :-). "New for 2010, the MDX has a Power Management System that can help prevent the inconvenience of a dead or weak battery. The system will shut down accessories if it detects the battery may soon be too weak to start the engine."
I had an issue with starting on mt 2009 last month and was diagnosed to a faulty battery. I noticed that my power lift gate would not open however, I had just enough power to start the MDX. The Service Manager confirmed the Power Management System shuts down accessories in a low power situation as you discribed so I don't think it's new on the 2010s.

Fortunately for me, they replaced my faulty battery 550 cc with a higher 650cc.
sand wedge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2010, 03:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

I had this "Battery Charge Low" warning on the MID show up today. I last drove it 4 or 5 days ago. It started up fine but since others have had the same problem I'm going to keep a close eye on it. My '10 MDX has >3000 miles on it.

Come to think of it, I may have seen this warning occasionally in the past but never thought twice about it as I figured it was because I was in Accessory mode with both the Navigation and DVD player running.
MDXlover2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

Hmmm interesting........ I have approximately 7500 miles on my 10 MDX and am also dealing with a Check Battery Sensor warning light. Because I live an hour from the nearest Acura dealer I have chosen to ignore the warning light for about a week. Has Acura resolved this issue or is it still ongoing?

2010 MDX Palladium Silver w/Ebony Interior / Black Roof Rails / Sport Running Boards / Sunroof deflector / Window Tint on all 4's - SOLD

2009 BMW X5 - Owned for less than 2 months!

2005 Lexus GX470 - Sold!
X52MDX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2010, 05:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parism View Post
This error message "Check Battery Sensor" appears on my new MDX 2010 with only 3,000 miles. I checked the battery there was no corrosion.
I took the car to the dealer and they did checkup and said the battery was OK and it is safe to drive, it might be the sensors. So they ordered the sensors. I have to wait to see if changing the sensors will solve the problem.

Anybody has similar experience? I was a bit surprised to get such a problem after just 3K miles.

Any input is appreciated.
I got mine in July and when I picked it up, it had the message in there already. The sales person told me that the car had been sitting on the lot since May and it had not been started, so the battery was drained. At the time since I bought the car in Maryland and I live in NY, and yes, i trust the guy, since he is a good, i decided to wait till get home and bring the car to my local acura dealer. The guy new right away, he told the battery harness needed to be replaced, so he did replaced the harness and left the same battery and NO PROBLEM EVER SINCE. Have your dealer replace your battery harness and problem solved.
dagmdx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

aaaaaaaaa!!!!..

2010 mdx here,, around 3000 miles...

today is my 3rd battery sign..

The first alert was a "battery low, start and drive car to recharge.
** this was a week after i bought it from the dealer.

The second alert was a "disconnect any electronics etcetcetc...."
** did not pay attention to this because, well, its a new car??

The third alert was today, "disconnect or unplug electronics...etcetc"
** and now im getting irritated... going to contact my dealer and try get this fixed.. if there is in fact a solution..

The only reason i didnt buy a 2010 bmw x5, is because i heard the car had tons of electrical issues. and let it behold that i am now with electrical issues on this 2010 mdx..

The day i bought this car, i asked a service rep, about changing my yellow fog lights for some HID's, and he did not advise it because another person did the same, and resulted in constant electrical problems...

ill keep you guys posted. if you have any ideas or solutions, please let us know, sigh.
MDX.Stunna.10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

Low battery warning

Went out to start 2010 mdx base (4900 miles) this morning and received a warning on dic that said something like "low battery-shutting off lights to save power". car started right up. drove to wally world, stopped for a few minutes and car started just fine. Since planning a trip tomorrow decided to stop by acura dealer to have battery checked. it was low on charge. They gave it a charge. I ask why it needed a charge as vehicle is driven daily, though mostly short trips of less than 10- 20 miles. they gave me a story about all the electrical items on car that drained power and that short trips weren't enough. I think this is bull. has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I suspect a bad battery or a drain on charge. it was a little cooler than it has been but still above 35.

maybe its related to the interior dash lights for clock and radio that intermitently don't light up bright in the morning until its driven a couple of miles or the occasional message I get about a loose gas cap thats not loose.
vettefool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Acura MDX Forum : Acura MDX SUV Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Random Question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: